2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Fun Coupe or Convertible
By Patrick on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I did have a 98 230 SLK with 4k but was totaled by a drunk driver. I purchased a 06 Chrysler Crossfire, thinking I would have the same experience and save money. No comparing. The SLK series Mercedes is one of the coolest convertible roadsters on the market. Performance, looks, roadster feel, with more class than most roadsters. I sold the Chrysler right away and began searching to replace the 230 with a newer 320 with no regret.

No bells or whistles
By Benz42 on 10/01/09 06:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is especially fun to drive, even at slow speeds. With exceptional handling, acceleration cornering, the envious stares I get from other drivers are just icing on the cake. I love the automatic fold-and-stow hardtop, and the way the car feels when I'm in it. I also love the sound of the exhaust when I'm accelerating hard, especially when compared to my previous 4 cylinder turbo MazdaSpeed Protege. This is a fun and prestigious car to drive and own. I'm glad I found it.

I LOVE MY SLK
By SLK 230 on 07/25/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Roadster (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

It is fun driving top down or up but I will srive it top down more weather permitting. It get's pretty darned hot here in Phoenix AZ in July.

Exaclty What I was looking for!
By Joe on 10/15/08 20:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Roadster (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Car has a very solid construction. Comfortable for a sport roadster. Good on gas. I average 24 mpg on premium. Engine has enough power for an average driver, but being a 4 cyl is does not sound too smooth. The whining of the supercharger compensates a little, and bring some of the 'sport sound' to the car

2003 SLK230
By R2 on 05/11/08 02:34 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Roadster (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I've owned the SLK for a little over a year, and am very happy with it. I was initially attracted to the car because of its looks, styling, and impressive engineering. Supercharger provides enough of a boost for highway passing; otherwise, I would recommend a 320. Expectation met – with just one exception.

Too Hot To Handle
By Unclegee on 04/19/08 09:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My 2003 SLK 320 is the result of my mid life crisis so says my lovely girl friend. If so, so be it. It is quick, agile, always turns heads. The fit and finish is perfect. Top up it is smooth quite and the Bose sound system is outstanding. Top down wind noise is minimal, and the fun factor is off the chart. And to top it off I consistently get 28/30 mpg on the freeway at a modest 65mph. Where else can you get head turner looks, performance of a V8, due to its light weight, and fuel economy as good or better than those little shoe boxes the car makers are trying to pawn off on us. Another bonus, parts are no more than an American car. Dealers are very reasonable.

AMG ballistic missile
By Jef on 01/14/08 20:43 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

The best all in one sports car ever made, it a great looking and quite coupe with the hard top up, a nice highway convertible with smooth air flow even at obscene speeds, easy to drive all day and moves a lot faster than the reviews (once it breaks in between 12 to 18K miles). It faster and less stressful to drive than the 911 I owned (with the rear engine) and more secure and solid feeling then the M3 I traded. I also enjoy not having every kid in a z-car or Mustang changing me on the highway like in the 911 and M.

Great Fun Car!
By horangin on 09/04/07 07:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Bought it used in 2006 and it had 13,000 miles. Now it has 20,000 miles. Changed the oil and filter myself and went with Castrol Full Synthetic instead of recommended Mobil 1 and it sounds good and seems to have better response. It's pretty fast and it zooms through traffic with no problem. Be sure to turn off the traction control if you want to hear some screaming tires, otherwise you'll just jerk in low speed. Mine seems to vibrate a little when in idle.

Awesomelittle car
By Donna on 09/03/07 21:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted a convertible but live on a dirt road so looked at hardtops. Glad I bought this one. It is fun to drive...way different than my BMW 525i. While my BMW is a great driving machine, it is heavy and moving the steering wheel requires some work. With this Mercedes its very light and the steering wheel moves extrememly easily. I had to get used to the difference. Sometims I want more than a 2 seater, sometimes I want more room - but I made this choice - - the tradeoff I've made. Also the car is so low and my friends always groan getting in or out because it's hard to get in and out.

Fast, Fun Car
By Jim in AV, Ca on 03/24/06 13:53 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Roadster (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love the handling of this car! The acceleration is more than adequate, as the car gets off the line quickly, and it accelerates hard. With the AMG Sport package, the interior is very pleasing with the machined metal inserts. At 80 MPH cruising speed across Nebraska, the gas mileage was 28. The cockpit is roomy enough, and every control is close at hand. So nice to have a convertible hard top, also, although the trunk capacity is limited with the top down. Big enough for an ice chest, though.