2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
the best choice
By johnmb on 01/19/13 06:29 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

For a pre-owned SUV, there is probably no vehicle available for the money that provides the overall features including impressive fuel economy, style and useful utility. This 2007 includes all of today's competitor’s features that I wanted including Blue tooth, Navigation, Satellite and I-pod integration. It simply can’t be beat. Overall handling is great, it’s very smooth and quiet however the engine doesn’t have the ‘snap’ off the line that would make it superb. I don’t have much positive to say about the stalk style gear selector. It’s odd at best and in my opinion further compromises any sport feel to the interior working the controls. Also, you have to get used to putting it into Park with the only assurance being the ‘bing’ sound rather than any true visual reassurance that a shift lever shows. All in all, it’s a great car for a great value delivering a combination of desirable qualities.

Why?
By sicvic1 on 12/12/12 09:57 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought 2007 ML350 used, for asking price at CARY MB, 2.5 years later transmission issue. Seem to stump the mechanics, they replaced a part at 1100.00, next month same issue with transmission, now they want over $5000.00 to repair. Do not have any faith in MB or their product. Reading other writers reviews seems transmision issue should be a recall through MB.

Never Again
By mphs on 12/15/11 14:18 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

At 60K miles, tranmission failed. Cost to repair - $7 thousand dollars. Mechanic (other than dealership) opined that he did not know why MB had not recalled them. He never drives a MB made after 2004. A total piece of junk that has put me back finacially several yrs.

Loving My "New to Me" ML 350!!
By Tihannah on 06/27/10 06:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 1st Mercedes and I am, so far, more than happy with my choice. I traded in my '07 Chevy Tahoe as it was nearing its Warranty end and I could hear all the clunks and bumps starting to happen. I purchased this one with 31K miles and a great warranty. The difference is amazing! I LOVE the way this vehicle looks and feels when driving. The interior feels very roomy and comfy. I'm still getting used to all the bells and whistles and how to navigate them. My only complaints are: the 6 disc CD changer~seems kinda slow and chunky and no iPod integration. Also, I have to purchase a bluetooth module to enable my handsfree option.

accident waiting to happen
By ron on 08/03/09 08:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Overall the car is good, much improved over our previous 2003 ML. The steering column mounted, electronic shift however is a major problem, which MB won't or can't fix. It is easy to think you have put it in park by pushing the button, also has tendency to come out of park. My wife was run over by her ML after it failed to stay in park and rolled backwards on flat parking lot. Thus far MB has done nothing to address the problem. Since the computer drives the car it seems it would be very easy to have the computer stop the car, shut down engine or otherwise give an aggressive warning when car is in gear and door opens; the little dashboard light which currently does the job is useless.

Reliability poor
By Chris on 07/17/09 14:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have this ML350 for just over two years. Juat in the past month, I had three incidents with lamps. First, one headlight lamp went out I replaced myself. Then two weeks later, the breaklights went, and the dealer had to replac the lamp and sockets. This week I had a problem with the parking light. When I had my 2002 ML320 for 5 years, I only had to replace a single haed lamp. It lokks like that MB started to use cheap components in their car to save money. This is a very unhappy customer due to the inconvenience. I called MB to request they do a preventive maintenance, replacing the remaining lamps. I was told they can not do it. My next car will be an American made car.

You're Not Going To Believe This!
By Cynthia A. on 08/02/08 08:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Let me begin by saying, I am trying to love my ML350. I have had it for 1 1/2 yrs. now. The ride is smooth and without the major and minor hiccups I'm about to explain, I really try to love it. Let's begin: there is a plastic rattle sound that I hear every single day while driving at low speeds on normally worn roads.(can't hear it on the highway or interstate) My dealership had it for four days and can't seem to fix it. Next, one day while opening my back hatch a large bolt just fell out of the hatch. Of course, there is the trailer hitch recall. Best of all my driver's side heated seat burned a hole in my seat and nearly caught on fire. Daughter was sitting in seat warming up between soccer games.

Sweet
By hoonsgal on 10/16/07 20:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I just purchased the ML350 after seriously considering the Lexus RX400h and the Acura MDX. I really fell in love with the ML350's appearance and the smooth and relatively powerful ride. The interior is very comfortable and spacious and this car is a joy to ride. I will say that if navigation is a big priority to you, the Acura is much better. The system is clumsy and you can't even find a Starbucks on it! But, it is functional.

Delivered unit not equal to the test car
By Daniel Fraser on 10/01/07 09:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The car wanders & needs to be constantly corrected - the steering is dead/sloppy in the center position. Steering wheel will not return to center and must be pulled back. The engine idle is rough & goes up and down and causes a vibration in the cabin at the low idle point. Braking at times hits a sticking point that can be pushed through but then the brakes comes on hard and fast. At 5000 miles and multiple trips to the dealer I recieved no help from the dealer or MB USA. I asked them to purchase back the car the answer was NO My advice - don't purchase this car. It is not the quality product I expected. The dealership was pompous when I tried to explain my concerns and dissatisfaction.

2007 Mercedes ML-350
By mnmark12 on 08/04/07 09:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Recently purchased ML350. Did extensive test driving with Volvo Sport, BMW MX5, Lexus GX470, and others. The more I drive this vehicle the more I like it. Too new to say much about reliablity. Interior is a nice refined look and feel. Everything is easily within reach, not difficult to understand/use. Bought P2, sport, heat, and lighting packages, ipod integration. Love all of it. I do wish it had better acceleration, but for a 6 cylinder it isn't bad. Volvo sport is faster and corners better, but ride is stiffer, could hear muffler more, and the back seat was tighter (surprisingly) than the ML. Like BMW's (have 740i), but X5 ride was also stiff and it's the 1st yr of the model

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.