2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class 5.0L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Very satisfied

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

E500 4MATIC Sedan (5.0L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Very satisfied
By Jim on

2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car envelops you with luxury like very few cars can. The interior looks hand-made, and the controls have a pleasing action and response. I was turned off when I first saw some posts regarding reliability problems with this model, but after checking the first owner's service records I didn't see anything to worry about. Since then I've only had one major issue (air-ride failure) which was covered under warranty. This car has so many unique and complex features, it's bound to spend some time in the shop. That shouldn't stop you from experiencing E-Class ownership.

Favorite Features

4matic, powerful V8 engine, adjustable air suspension, automatic rear sunshade, bluetooth (aftermarket).

Suggested Improvements

Electronic braking system is great for emergency stops and the dynamic ABS, but the feel is a bit off. You can get used to it but tough at first to achieve a smooth stop. The cup holder is fragile and always in the way. Some shifting weirdness in sport mode.