1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500-Class model:
Sexy
By Ken on 12/16/07 18:04 PM (PST)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SEL 4dr Sedan

I've had my 92 500sel for only a couple of weeks, but I love it. The car is sexy, nothing to it. The body design looks good even 15 years later it has a modern look. The interior is way ahead of its time. It has more features then my 2002 Mercedes. It could do a little bit better on gas but it is a dream to drive. Also quite expensive to keep running but well worth the experience

The best MB has to offer..
By JEFFP on 03/28/07 11:08 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SEL 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1992 500SEL in 2005 from an older couple who thought they were upgrading to a BMW "7" Series. They really took care of this car. They called me two weeks after obtaining their BMW to see if I would be interested in selling the MB back to them. I politely declined. This car has every option that MB could think of and it drives like a dream. I purchased my car with 75,000 origional miles and drive it going out on the town and on special occasions only. I have put several hundred pampered miles on this car and it is just flauless. I will own this car for at least another ten years or more and probably pass it on to my kids.

Built to last and by Porsche
By george on 01/18/06 17:20 PM (PST)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500E 4dr Sedan

The 500E is deceiving in its look but it is the strongest car in its class. Driving it, the engine is quiet and the interior is built to high quality. Even the leather is impeccable.

"Sweet, Fast, Comfortable , Beast"
By Dee 2 on 12/02/04 20:48 PM (PST)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SEL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this beast from a friend and he now regrets that he sold it. Since then I put 18" wheels and tires (255/45/18 front & 285/40/18 ZR rated tires)use the best lubricants to keep this beast happy. So far, so good and it can sure fly. I already had it up to 150 mph and it still rides like you are going 80 mph. Safe and quiet! And this beast is 12 years old. Still get looks and asked questions at the fuel station. If you can, obtain a 1992 500 SEL!

Finally Bought A W140 Mercedes
By Texas Star Man on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SEL 4dr Sedan

Finally, on 8.19.03, I purchased the Mercedes I've always wanted, a W140 S Class. This particular unit is a 1992 500SEL with 75,000 miles the day I bought it. Everything, everything, but the front seat power head rests operate as it should. I thought my W126 (300SDL) was incredible, and it was, but this S Class is without a doubt the finest Mercedes ever built. They can be expesive to maintain, but my! what an incredible automobile. It is quiet, comfortable, powerful, and handsome and safe. What more should a car be?

Most Fun For Your Buck
By Sacha Prins on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SL 2dr Convertible

I recently bought myself a second hand silver-grey '92 500SL Mercedes-Benz as my 'summer vehicle'. I already was a Mercedes fan (reliability) for some years, and since we have a '89 560SL in the family I knew it was a fun vehicle. Well, it sure is! I've been driving it for a couple of months now and I'm very, very impressed with the comfort it provides, especially for a (now) 11-year old car. Being 11 years old I reckon I will have some expenses to keep the car in optimum condition, but in contrast, the price of purchase was one-fifth of the original sticker price.

Benz is the best - esp. 500 sel loaded
By BENZHOLMES on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SEL 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1992 500 sel for my 25th birthday. It has been my dream car since it came onto the market.The interior was more cush than a brand new BMW or lexus. Premium sound system- bose When I got it back I was blown away by the quality of the sound system. I will tell you after you have driven the best you can only continue to drive the best. 740il BMW, Ls 400 lexus these cars have nothing on the 500 sel. I must say I am totally convinced that the 500 s class of mercedes benz is the best car on the road. Yes you will spent a little more money to drive one , but there is not a day that you will regret it.

Hard to Replace
By Heather1 on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SL 2dr Convertible

Owned 95-02. Such a great car, hard to replace. Fun, beauty, sleek ride, great response in maneuverability and speed. Only thing I can really complain about is no cup holders and always spilling my drinks in the car.

500sl 1992
By ajohnson95 on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500-Class 500SL 2dr Convertible

VERY NICE AND FUN TO DRIVE< VERY FAST!! WAY HEAD OF ITS TIME. A+ for sure.