Cool Car
By JW79 on
2006 Mazda RX-8 Manual 4dr Coupe (1.3L 2rtr 6M)
Tons of fun to drive + has turned a lot of heads. I have had many compliments on the design from friends and strangers alike. A police officer told me to roll down my window + I figured my sticker was past due or I had committed an infraction + instead he inquired about the car and told me how much he liked it. The handling is great! Tons of fun around corners and curves. It should be a little faster off the line + this is a significant drawback considering the horsepower + the poor gas mileage. At first I was unsure about the lines but now I love the look. I love the suicide doors + at least 3 adults can fit in the car as long as everyone isn't tall. You need snow tires bad in the snow!
Favorite Features
It's a lot of fun to drive. It's quick + handles the curves beautifully. It's very agile. I also love the way the car looks inside and out. It's dark gray with tan and black leather seats. The two-tone leather seats look fantastic. In many ways looks and feels like a car that's much more expensive.
Suggested Improvements
The gas mileage is poor! However, the small rotary engine is largely responsible for the great handling. A car that goes 148 MPH should be faster off the line! When I fill up the tank the automatic shut off at gas stations doesn't stop. It overflows with gas. I have to watch it.