1998 Mazda Millenia 2.3L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1998 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

S Sedan (2.3L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
Worst Car Ever
By John on 04/24/09 18:00 PM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

Contrary to the other positive reviews, this is by far the worst car I have ever owned. I have never put so much money into a car just to keep it running. Literally, every 3 months since I have owned this car, something goes wrong. I have put several thousand dollars into this car just in repairs, and that is in the three years I have owned it. I hate this car, and I will never ever purchase a Mazda again. If you decide to invest in a Mazda Millenia, I wish you the best of luck, because luck is something I did not have with this car.

The truth
By Kevin on 09/30/08 15:50 PM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

Here is the truth about this car: 1. Consumes large amounts of fuel, if you're thinking of driving this car on a daily basis then make sure you have loads of money for the fuel. 2. The car is extremely heavy, there is no pick up at all. Due to the vehicle's weight this has resulted in the miller cycle engine having to work harder to supply energy and that results in greater gas consumption. 3. Motor oil consumption is just ridiculous. The car drains large amounts of motor oil and I find myself replacing it on a weekly basis, which is just ridiculous. Overall I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone, its expensive to maintain and the resale value is nothing but laughable.

Is the turbo reliable
By Ken on 09/09/08 01:20 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used and now have 85,000 miles. Replaced ball joints at 45k, catalytic converter at 59k which fortunately was still covered by Mazda. My only concern is how reliable the S model is vs. the non- turbo model. So far so good. Considering the car is ten years old, it's been a great used car and the rare times I floor the gas pedal, it's amazing to feel the 210 hp kick in for quick passing. Plan on keeping it for another 85,000, just hope the turbo doesn't surprise me by breaking down. Digital L.E.D display showing A/C mode, and outside temperature no longer works and it's expensive to fix.

The "S" Rocks
By Michael Jones on 08/09/05 22:31 PM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

This has been a great and reliable car. I've never had to take it to the shop, besides the normal maintenance. I drive the car hard, and it begs for more. You can't be cheap and put the 87 octane gas in the car. Put the 93 octane in, and the car rocks.

Great Car
By Jim on 05/06/05 21:33 PM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

I bought my Millenia S new and it now has 83,000. Both the handling and acceleration are great. I've been thinking about getting a new car, but nothing compares with the value of this car. Wish they still made them.

Comfortable Fast and Fun
By Kim M on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

I bought the supercharged model fro my daughter and I drive it just as much as she does--It gets in and out of traffic, great hwy miles..We love the sound system--Does need cup holders...The power seats are great because of our height difference.

Killing me to part with it
By mzdagrl on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

I leased this car new in 1998, I fell in love immediately with its power, style, and great handling. It made me feel safe, but it was fun to drive, too. When the lease ended I couldn't give it up, even for a newer one. Now, five years later, I have to get a larger vehicle and must turn it in. I'm heartbroken. It has needed some repair, but I only have NYC potholes to blame for that. This is a wonderful, underappreciated car, which is good because not too many people have them.

One in a mill
By wormley on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used over a year ago and I have to admit It has surpassed all my expectations. After 20,000 miles in one year my millenia still feels like the day I drove it off the used car lot. As a matter of fact I think this car is a great deal on the used car market. The acceleration and handling are probably its two greatest assets, Driving this car on long highway drives up to Jersey is great because it has the performance of a sports coupe but also the functionality of a sedan. If I were on the hunt for a great deal on an awesome driving, and reliable car I would definitly keep this car on my test drive list. D from DC

Excellent Sports Sedan
By Rick515 on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

This car is one of the best Sports Sedan I'd ever driven. It's fast and nimble with good ride quality. Before I purchast this car, I'd also tested drive Maxima & Diamente. Comparing to Maxima, both car promise you luxury and performance, however Millenia S has more features that Maxima didn't have. Forget about Diamente, it just didn't even come close. I have 67000 miles on my Millenia S, the only parts I'd pay for is the O2 sensor. If you want a realiable luxury sports sedan but don't want to pay alot, This is a good choice (S model only).