1995 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
Great value
By john on 02/20/05 20:46 PM (PST)

1995 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

In 90,000 miles and 10 years, bought third set of tires last year, replaced 1 battery after 5 years, resurfaced front brake rotors and new pads (at 78k). The half shaft boots tore at 80k miles. Those will be $400 to replace the half shafts. That is it. Outstanding reliability. Good performance. Very comfortable. Still stylish interior. Great overall package.

For the money, very nice car
By Dima Sta... on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

When was shopping... was choosing between Nissan Maxima and this hottie... Car looks great much better look than Maxima... Exterior is very nice and sharp, as well as a nice leather interior... handles nicely... enough power from start (Maxima up to 2000 doeasn't stand close even with a stick shift) as well as a very good performance on a highway... the highest mine ever did was 130pmh... and it felt like the car was glued to the road... Very happy with my desicion... likes too much fuel when pushed from stand...

Nothing but disappointment
By wzntme672 on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

Now, it may just be that i got taken by the dealer, but only 4,000 miles into this car (87,000 on the odometer)my car took a complete dump on me. First, i dropped $900 into it for O2 sensors, then the mechanic wanted another $3,100 for a rebuilt engine, which turned into $4,500-$8,000 for a rebuild + new/rebuilt/used supercharger. In the end, i put a used engine in it for $2,400 and sold it for $5,000 the day after i got it out of the shop. In the end, i went home broke and bought a corolla for $7,500, as i had no more money.

Great car for the money!
By landroverjaguar on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

Three months and 2,000 miles into ownership. Now at 74,000. Bought for $4200 from first owner; car is immaculate. $600 in tires; oil change to Mobil 1, Wix filters. Tremendous bang for the buck with supercharger, Bose system great, ergonomic controls, pearl white color, neighbors thought it was brand new! Transmission shifts authoritatively like German cars. Supple suspension for its size and class. Lacks some features of 2004 luxury cars, but we're talking under $5,000 here! I'm impressed with design, layout, and build quality. Averaging 19 to 21 mpg, most driving freeway at 80 mph. (Houston, TX)

Buyer beware
By flmiami on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

This is my 2nd Millenia 1995. 1st the standard engine. Lacked power, shifting unimpressive. Traded it for the S version. More power, but shifting still unimpressive. Maintenance & repairs very expensive. 60K miles maintenance at Mazda dealer $1600 "due to the special engine". Front shock absorbers $700. I paid $1200 for 1st ext. warranty, repairs exceeded $2500 by the time it expired. It does not break down often, but when it does, it's costly. CHECK ENGINE light (Oxigen Sensors: 4 instead of 2)$600. Dashboard display that shows A/C settings: over $800. Replacing a $4 part somewhere in there: $260 in labor.

LoveMyMilleniaS
By lovemymazda on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

Only owner(1995). I have done all the services required, my millenia has been outstanding.I have only to repair the car repair twice in eight years, both were minor repairs. One was the radiator blew the the other was something minor. My millenia has 131K miles and I just started to notice a difference in the performance. Things are starting to rattle. The design has lasted wonderfully during the last eight years. Most peolpe think I have a new car when they see it because the body was so well designed,it is timeless. As far as performance, in this price range, it can't be beat. The power in this car is amazing and the ride is smooooooth.

Excellent car for the money
By Jeff Buice on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

Excellent car overall. Had very little maintenance issues but the little ones I did were very expensive to repair (S model). Fun to drive, love the Bose radio, leather seats are awesome, moonroof is convenient, has power everything.

buyer-b-ware
By robert d on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

I bought my millenia last year, with 117,000 miles for $7,000. Since then I have put on 13,000 miles. Reliability has been pretty good until now. I Just had it towed to the dealer the other day.....$1,100 to repair water pump, and timing belt not to include towing cost. other than that, I can't really complain.

Exceptional car with horrible cup holder
By PJ's Type S on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

We recently purchased our Type S with 96000 miles on it and it has performed exceptionally. We have had no complaints. The car drives like a sports car and rides like a luxury sedan. I wish I had looked at this model a long time ago.

Good Used Car
By Joe Washington on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

I think that for the price this is and excellent car to buy. Have not had problems wiht mine yet. I got it for 6400 out the door. Excellent priced and S model is "fast". Love it!