Very solid first car
By D.A. on
2005 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I recently got this as my first "own" car, I'm graduating from college soon, and decided to invest in good, newer car that would last me a while. Bought this one with 11k miles. I was attracted by the styling, and after the test drive, I was hooked. The dual exhaust, rear lights, low-profile tires all look awesome for a car at this price. It drives great on the highway and in the city. The handling is very very good, acceleration smooth, and I haven't had any mechanical issues with it so far. I liked it a lot better than the other cars I tried: Toyota Camry, Suzuki Verona, Pontiac Grand Prix, Pontiac GT. Hondas were all too expensive, so I didn't get to try them. Mazda6 is simply great!
Favorite Features
Exterior and interior looks, red glowing displays, awesome handling, brakes feel really solid, lots of standard features. Clutchless shifting option is cool. Stereo controls on the steering wheel are very practical.
Suggested Improvements
Engine could either be more responsive or eat less gas. I'm getting 22mpg in the city with the 2.3L. Spoiler should be standard on all models. Better quality interior parts (my fuse box cover falls off, I had to tape it on). I also wish that it had a 5-speed automatic, instead of the 4.