2009 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: From a GTI to a Mazda 5 GT

2009 Mazda 5 Minivan - Consumer Review

From a GTI to a Mazda 5 GT
By Dan on

2009 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

As a father of 4, it was finally time to move on from my little five speed VW GTI. We needed an alternative to my wife's Chevy Suburban that would fit the entire family, while getting decent gas mileage and being fun to drive. The Mazda 5 fits the bill. Got the Grand Touring in Silver with black leather. While the quality of materials is a definite step down from the VW, the car is a great value for the price. This car offers everything I need in a tidy and sporty package: room for six (with some compromises on the part of all), very well equipped for the price, good looks, he "wow, this is cool" factor from my daughters' friends, solid handling. Very happy with my purchase!

Love the Bluetooth for my mobile phone, though it has been a bit glitchy at times. Extremely flexible interior with fold flat seats. Auto climate control, which I missed from my Audi A6 (two cars ago). Auxiliary jack for iPod. Rear air and middle row captain's chairs for my girls. Regular gas!

A bit more power, but sticking with a four cylinder. Automatically locking doors. Larger sunroof that retracts into the roof, rather than jutting out above the roof. Better quality interior materials. Standard iPod module, rather than just an aux jack.