2002 Maserati Spyder Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spyder model:
Itallian beast
By mike mansour on 11/19/07 23:46 PM (PST)

2002 Maserati Spyder Convertible Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I purchased my Spyder used in august of 2005 and it has been my daily driver ever since. The thrust of the V8 is incredible and the sound is very satisfying. The electric top neatly stows in within seconds. I previously owned a 2002 BMW M3 convertible, and their is no comparison. My M3 struggled in winter driving as I live in Minnesota, but the skyhook suspension on the Maserati makes winter driving suprisingly pleasant, I have driven this car through the 2 winters without a problem. The customer service could be better with Maserati, my car has had numerous problems with the windshield wiper motor, and needed to be replaced, but thats it, great car would highly recommend.

Ferrari substitute?
By Maserati Spyder on 11/10/05 22:08 PM (PST)

2002 Maserati Spyder Convertible GT 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Dealer service was expensive but good, and many items were upgraded and checked. Engine is wonderful both in appearance and performance. Wide rev range and great Ferrari sound over 5K. A chain belt gives a Ferrari- designed engine performance without the superexpensive belt changes.Interior is beautiful, throttle progressive, brakes good, steering and clutch light, but first and second gear are baulky. Free dealer upgrade helped a bit, but still not as good as Porsche. Scuttle shake is the only other issue, especially when starting off for some reason, but overall this is a super secondhand value and a fun ride.

Spyder vs SL 500
By . Noyes on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Maserati Spyder Convertible Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I ordered both the SL 500 and Spyder. They arrived at the same time and I test drove them back to back. The plastic interior, cheap feeling switchgear and contrived exterior design of the SL compared poorly with the Maserati (and with the previous SL). The real difference was in the driving. The SL was subdued and perfect-- the Maseati was alive and fun!

Just One Problem
By joseph Herman on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Maserati Spyder Convertible Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Everything about the car has been up to, or exceeded my expectations. I have been very surprised by how many people recognize this rare and unfamiliar car, and by the number of unsolicited compliments I have been getting from total strangers. The most frequent remark is about how elegant the car looks on the street, compared to photographs.

A wonderful convertible.
By Raf Aviner on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Maserati Spyder Convertible Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Pros: This is a car that shows how Porsche cars should have been built post 993 model. Interior is gorgeous, and the performance is immense. The body styling is classic so it's looks won't fade. Handling is very good, and many thoughtful designer touches are added. Engineering is excellent. Cons: Why could the engineers not reduced the cowl shake??? Overall Review: A great convertible that would have been perfect had Maserati managed to reduce cowl shake to the level of a Porsche Cabrio.

Amazing
By Eric F on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Maserati Spyder Convertible Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

A great piece of automotive engineering.

Great Replacement for MB SL500
By Alexpapas on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Maserati Spyder Convertible Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I bought this car for my wife to replace a 1998 MB SL500. The two could not be more different. This car has soul! It also drives beautifully,My wife mostly uses the auto mode which works great around town. The interior is as beautiful as a Ferrari and the performance is outstanding. It has a softer ride than Ferrari's 360 but has almost as much power and much more

There's nothing like a fast Italian!
By MJC on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Maserati Spyder Convertible Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

At long last I'm back in a convertible, and what a convertible it is. Everything about the look of this car is fabulous inside and out. But for those who believe that beauty is only skin deep, get in, hit the gas and hold on. This car is not only fast but it corners "as if it's on rails". Another nice feature is that at six foot three I fit comfortably in the car and also can get out gracefully. I was on a waiting list for the new SL500 but saw the Maserati at the car show. With the luck of the Irish I was in my new Spyder 2 weeks later. If you enjoy the drive more than the destination, get this car it's a GREAT ride!

Great Car
By JBerto on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Maserati Spyder Convertible Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Last car I droe was a 996 cabriolet, and it doesn't compare to this. I've been a Porsche fan for my whole life, and have owned 3 overall, but would rather have my Maserati. My wife says it's too aggressive, so I'm the only one in he house who gets to drive it.I hop that the Quattroporte, the new sedan, is just as good; I'd buy one fo my wife in a heartbeat.

Sexy Italian Beast
By Vinny Deglisitelli on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Maserati Spyder Convertible Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I recently bought this car trading in my 2000 Jaguar XK-Series. My Jaguar was a great car too but I did not care for the GPS. I paid more for this car then I should have due to the shipping in to the US from Italy. This is a great car, though it is not a family car. So for my wife I bought her the S80 T6, in my opinon it is one of the better luxury marquees. Supposedly Maserati will release a sedan around the same size as the Mercedes S-Class, which should be nice.