1995 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
95 best year of all for town cars.
By solarfolks on 05/24/13 08:47 AM (PDT)

1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I own 3 Town Cars, a 95, 96 and 97. The 95 is by far the most responsive car to drive, great transmission response when accelerating, unlike the other two years that feel you may not really want to go fast and take their sweet time in down shifting. A further plus is the 95 runs on regular, the other two years really need high test to not ping. If you keep your foot out of it around town the mileage is really pretty good, and the 95 seems to be better than the other 2 years by about 1 MPG at 22. I have 260K mile on 96, 125K on the other 2. 96 is about shot, runs great, all the bells and whistles failing. Bad things - the window systems flat suck. the front end wears out after 100K miles.

Built to last
By fl_strider on 04/09/12 19:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

My 95 Town Car was left to me after a family member passed away. That was 16 year ago. I have driven the car 417,000 miles since then. This car is about as bullet proof as you can get. I've had Honda's, Acura's and even a Lexus during the whole time I've owned this car. I have to say the Lincoln is just old school comfort plain and simple. It's not fast and it certainly no sports cars in the corners either. This car is built to cruise and on the highway she does a solid 23 mpg. I've recorded 25 mpg but that was before the lousy E10 gasoline came our way. The weak link in Town Car is by far the rear air suspension however you can buy the parts cheaply and they are easy to replace.

Big, Comfortable, Luxury Ride with outstanding Reliability
By jrodd1 on 08/12/11 11:50 AM (PDT)

1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Lincoln has done a wonderful job with this automobile. Bought the car in 2010 with 100,000 miles. Now August of 2011 has 130,000, and the only trips to the mechanic were for brakes and oil changes. Car ride tremendously, especially with the air bag suspension. The 4.6l V8 to this day doesn't burn or leak anything!!! Love the leather seats, and all the power amenities. Only issue I have had with the car was putting a driver said regulator in. Great car, cranks every single time, rides great, can put 5 big adults in car. I get around 19-20mpg average with a 20 mile commute, but last year i got 28mpg hwy on a trip to NC!!! Love this car, and will definitely buy another Towncar!

3rd Generation town car owner
By jkdet on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Never owned a Lincoln before now. My pop passed and he left me with his pride and joy 95 town car. (That his dad gave him when he passed in 1999) This car is for the BIG MAN. It has plenty of leg and head room and the ride is out of this world smooth. It does have the power to get up and go if you need it. The only down fall I see is the fuel mileage is only about 13-16 in the city and I have not got it on the highway for a road trip yet so don't know about the highway mileage. Thanks Lincoln from the 3rd generation of town car owner.

95 town car
By chico on 06/24/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

i have two of these cars and i love the engineering and design.i will continue to buy these cars because they are well built.the 95 only has 50,600 miles and from what i hear they can drive up to 300000 miles or more

16 Words
By Calvin on 10/29/06 14:15 PM (PST)

1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

This car has been amazing since it has been completely fixed. Not very long after purchase, it was in the shop at least once every two weeks. It had the habit of dying randomly during driving. Not a put-put die process, but just turning off. After something like six months of every part imaginable being replaced, we took it to a local auto supply store, and the clerk changed a six dollar relay switch which has corrected the problem. Aside from that, it has been amazing; it is big enough for anything you want to do, but not overbearing. It has amazing performance that is hardly ever used, but is there when needed. I love it and so does everyone that rides in it. Her name is Louise.

My Town Car
By gpb on 08/29/05 23:41 PM (PDT)

1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Best car i have ever had. it is wonderful to drive in. i travel alot and it is so comfortable

Ive always wanted a Lincoln
By bill powell on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I looked at every American and import but Ive always wanted a luxury car. I got my 95 Town Car from a dealership and probably paid too much, but alot less than any new car. My Towncar was imaculate with 62k original miles garaged.. exterior/interior like new..Preformance white outside gorogeous red leather interior..rides and drives like a dream... Oh Yeah,I read a review from EDMUNDS.COM before i bought mine..Right after we got it we did a road trip to New Mexico.. we averaged 28mpg for a V-8 real good specialy driving 85-95mph

Comfort Over Performance
By BillyBobJoe on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Very comfortable and easy to drive. Exceptional interior and trunk room. Exceptional gas mileage for large car with V8. Handles well for large car. Well built with no rattles. Engine runs well, but have had starting problems on occassion that can't be explained.

Solid American Luxury
By NCK on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Owned it since 95. Currently 78000 miles. Brakes were a problem until I got a Goodyear unlimited warranty on them...now OK. Had to have the trans rebuilt at 70000 but other than that NO problems and average 22 mpg. Solid and comfortable!