2008 Lincoln Navigator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
Comfortable and Roomy.
By azt1 on 01/13/12 10:31 AM (PST)

2008 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my Navigator for a few months now. I was leasing a 2008 GMC Yukon Denali before I decided to buy. I originally bought a 2007 Cadillac Escalade but took it back because it was too much like the Denali. The Escalade does handle better and has more power than the Nav but I do like the Navs interior a bit better. Love the 3rd row seat and the power fold feature. Denali and Escalade 3rd row was terrible. Also like that the Nav can switch from 2W to 4W drive. Denali and Escalade was AWD. Nav takes Regular Fuel while Denali and Escalade took Premium Fuel. Overall I am satisfied with the Nav though there is room to improve on it to better compete with other luxury brands.

Nice SUV
By bal on 08/24/09 11:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is an overall good vehicle. It has room for 7 passengers which makes it convenient for families with children. The car is very large and takes a little bit to get used to if you haven't driven an SUV before. The sound system is great. Very reliable and well built. The only problem we had was an electrical one with the window which was fixed under warranty.

Great travel vehicle
By kev on 07/16/09 19:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this 6 months ago. it took a few weeks to get the hang of driving it. now I love it. Plenty of power. Really comfortable. Tons of room for a 220 lb 6 footer like me. just drove 3400 miles in two weeks on vacation with tons of gear and bicycles on the back. made the trip very easy. 17.9 MPG on trip. about 15 commuting to work and around town. many really nice features

Luxury Built Ford Tough
By sevenstw on 06/04/09 10:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The exterior chrome and square gauges have a retro 1960s look. The interior is all about comfort, luxury and modern technology. Build quality is excellent compared to the competition. For someone who drives nothing but full sized V8 trucks, I was impressed with the gas mileage and power of the Navigator. The seats are very comfortable and there is all kinds of leg, side and head room in all 3 rows.

Best One Yet
By TRS on 03/21/09 10:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third Navigator. All have been 2 year leases. I intend to buy this one at lease end. My first two had some electrical problems, especially with the easy exit system. This one been back once to replace the rear dvd, but other than that no problems. I love to drive this vehicle, especially on road trips. Gas mileage is low, but to be expected for a car this size. I really love the backup camera where it is in the reaeview mirror as it keeps sun glare to a minimum, whereas in dash cameras have that problem. Perfect family vehicle. The olny thing that keeps this car from being perfect is blue tooth.

Luv It
By Laura on 11/28/08 17:25 PM (PST)

2008 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love it! This is the most comfortable car I have ever been in. When my friends and I go out their Hondas and BMWs stay home and we take my Navigator becuase it's the most comfortable of all of our cars. I love that it never goes back to the dealership. My old Mercedes G500 spent more time at the dealer than with me so this is a wonderful improvement. My husband tells me that my Navigator is based on the same vehicle as his Expedition and he puts over 150,000 miles on them with no problems. I look forward to keeping my car for a long time.

Solid in every way
By jnd on 09/07/08 08:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is our second Navigator and this is much better then the 2005 model we replaced. Recently towed a 7500 lb boat and had the vehicle packed for vacation, trip was 120 miles each way and averaged 11 mpg. Handled the trailer like a champ. This model is significantly quiter then the model it replaces and seems smaller even though it is the same size. Engine and drive train are the same as the 2005 but the 2008 uses regular gas. Plenty of room for passengers and gear and the 3rd row seats are very comfortable even for large adults. The high itensity headlights are not as bright as the 2005 but the coverage is very good.

Love my Navigator
By W. Melgin on 08/16/08 08:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I was going to buy an Infiniti QX56 but it was too tall for our garage. I love this Lincoln in all respects. It has almost everything I need and the comfort and drivability is unmatched.

New impression
By TroyD75826 on 05/06/08 14:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am very happy with my new Navigator. It is very comfortable and the build quality is just as good as any other luxury vehicle. Power is more than adequate but on paper is a little wimpy when compared to the Escalade.

My one month experience so far
By bobsmall on 02/01/08 18:53 PM (PST)

2008 Lincoln Navigator SUV 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 2000 Expedition before that I bought new, so, I have been driving these beasts for some time. I love the Expedition. There was more leg room in the second row and more head room in the 1st and 2nd rows. I miss my big cubby hole I had in the console since the gear shifter was on the column.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Lincoln Navigator Suv in WA is:

$178 per month*