2013 RX350 FWD fully loaded
By vchigurupati on
2013 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Bought a brand new RX 350 fully loaded on October 14, 2013. This is my first Lexus and have been a previous owner of several Toyotas like Camry, Venza and Yaris. While I like the vehicle in general I posted some of the improvements so that prospective buyers can be aware of some of the shortcomings and may want to wait for the completely redesigned 2015 model which should be out some time late in Fall 14.
Favorite Features
Blind spot monitors and Parking sensors Ease of Bluetooth audio streaming in pandora Value for money Reliability and resale value
Suggested Improvements
Power lift gate should have adjustable height. I am surprised that it is not available as 2014 RAV4 offers that feature The side mirrors should fold down when the car is in reverse. Venza has this feature The backup camera should offer more alternative views and also the guidelines that move as per the steering wheel. The center cup holders have cheap plastic divider picked straight out of 2012 Camry! There are no sunglass holders in this vehicle! There is no way to sync the temperatures in dual zone climate control. The USB connection should be moved to more convenient location from deep inside center armrest. Offer Panoramic moonroof option Improve the gas mileage.
By carbuyernow1
on 03/04/14 09:18 AM (PST)

Good quick review. I am planning to buy RX350 this week as I can't risk/wait for redesign. The side mirrors did fold down when I put the car in reverse. What is teh gas mileage you are getting and what grade gas you are putting ? Are there any problems you have noticed so far ? Thanks much for sharing.

By bob446
on 03/16/14 13:54 PM (PDT)

I also own a 2014 RX and have to point out the errors in this review. The side mirrors tilt down when the car is placed in reverse, and fold into the body when the car is locked. The climate control easily links the temperature on both sides of the car unless told to do otherwise. I use regular gas and attain about 21 mpg in combined city/highway driving. I think that's pretty good for a 2-ton+ AWD vehicle.

By alfa777z
on 04/06/14 19:14 PM (PDT)

Dear vchigurupati, In order to make your mirrors to tilt down on revers you have to put the mirror's switch to "RIGHT mirror adjusting" position and then put it on reverse. Good luck!

By larouse
on 05/10/14 04:56 AM (PDT)

Bought a 2013 certified RX 350 with 11000 miles last June. Had never owned a Lexus. Always Honda. I do not like the ride of this car. Thought a Lexus would Have a smoother ride. This is rather rough, unless you are on very smooth roads. Also, the seats are not that comfortable, but rather hard. Just took a long trip to Florida, and to me, it was not that comfortable. Same as other reviewers, I miss the sunglass holders, and think the position of the cruise control is not convenient at all. On this last trip, we averaged about 21.4 mpg on regular gas. I agree the power lift gate should have adjustable heights. I really expected more from this SUV, and I will not buy another. I would rather go back to Acura next time