2008 Lexus IS F Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V8 8-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )
IS-Fantastic
By NorthCoast on 05/29/08 12:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Overall this car has met or exceeded my expectations. I have been loyal to Lexus having 2 GS 430s in last 6 years but wanted more performance type numbers and feel. Magically, the IS-F was born. It is very unLexus in its stiffness and ride but what I was expecting in a true performance sedan. It still has many of the nice Lexus features and luxury components. However, this is not your father's Lexus. I drove the M3 sedan after the Motor Trend article rating it better overall. I think some of their points are valid but feel their overall conclusion wrong. The M3 felt a little more clumsy in tight turns and I didn't like the long throws of the manual transmission. I have no regrets.

IS-Furious
By BC on 05/02/08 15:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

The most powerful vehicle ever produced by Toyota/Lexus and it has hit its targets dead on. It is 2nd to the Mercedes C63 on a straight away. It is 2nd to the BMW M3 on a full track. It beats the Audi RS4 on both straight away and full track. It has the best rating on gas consumption (as well as no gas guzzler tax). More importantly, it is the most reliable and has the highest build quality out of all its competitors. The 2008 Lexus IS-F is the overall best performer in its class. I myself own a Starfire Pearl IS-F down in Houston, TX. I am a 100% satisfied customer. :)

Closest thing to a motorcycle no wind
By OD on 03/01/08 16:23 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Very tightly built 4 door sports car. Amazing engine sound over 4000 RPM. Very strong engine performance at high RPM. Very smooth gearbox at normal driving. 1500 RPM at 60 MPH. Fun to use puddles usable even in D and amazingly effective 8 gear shifting. Extreme snappy in M. Drifts easily and naturally without special effort even with VDIM on. Hard to use navigation with Mark Levinson sounding poor compared to Bose and navigation on M45 on Infiniti. Very good seats including passenger. Rear OK, but only accommodate 4. Ride is VERY tight bordering on harsh so not for use on rough roads. 15 MPG city, 20 MPG light foot hwy.

Great car
By Vik on 02/14/08 12:56 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This is by far the best car I have ever driven in my life. It's not too expensive compared to a mercedes or a higher end bmw. This has 400 horsepower and is an amazing sports sedan. I recommend this car to everone. The suspension and torque on this car iss uncomparable to others.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.