Surprised over-all; very pleased.
By Dave on
2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased an LR2 with a little trepidation due to the lack of reliability expressed by media auto sources. However, the brand has one of the highest loyalty bases among car owners, so they must be doing something right. I purchased it primarily due to the smaller size and potential economic advantages of a smaller SUV. I have been pleasantly surprised by the vehicle. The mileage is outstanding for an all-wheel drive SUV. I average almost 20 mpg in mostly city driving (Dallas area, and get 23+ on the highway. The ride is not at all typical of a short wheel base SUV. It is extremely comfortable while still giving plenty of control on the road. Fun to drive, and will take me anywhere!
Favorite Features
Great gas mileage, and exemplary road manners with excellent control. Extremely comfortable ride for a small SUV that will go damn-near anywhere. It's a good-looking little vehicle. As for reliability, no problems. After all, it has a Volvo engine, a German "Z" transmission, and a great heritage.
Suggested Improvements
A redesigned console with storage would be nice. Put a solid sliding cover on the moon roof. Give it a lift- up rear tailgate window for hauling versitility, like the LR Sport. Tech. pkg. overpriced. Buy a GPS w/Bluetooth for much less. Heavy vehicle; needs bigger brakes for longer pad/rotor life.