2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 3 words: Do not buy.

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

3 words: Do not buy.
By becareful on

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

There is no point in trying to write about all of my horrible experiences with this vehicle. I don't have the space and you don't time. Suffice it to say that this car defines a "piece of crap." It was constantly needing repairs, which were absolutely astronomical at the dealership and virtually noone else would work on a Land Rover. Be smart: these reviews don't lie. This vehicle defines a "money pit." If you're thinking, "well I'll just buy a new one, they're under warranty." Forget it, because as soon as the warranty expires, you'll be paying the repair bills unless you sell it first - just wait until you try to sell it. You'll be lucky to get trade-in value by selling it private.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

Lan Rover understood that this was a looser, that's why the vehicle is being discontinued. That's right - even the dealership told me that the company could not rid themselves of the terrible reputation of the Discovery, so they're not making them anymore.