2017 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

a lotta SUV for the $
By tim Marzofka

2017 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We compared several mid sized SUV's by test driving and pricing them out with similar features/packages and the Kia was the best value that we found. We were also very impressed with the ride and the safety features (autonomous braking, lane monitoring, blind spot monitoring and a great back up camera). The basics of the vehicle are great as well - a smooth and surprisingly quiet ride and solid acceleration with the 3.3 V6.

2017 Kia Sorento TOWING TONGUE WEIGHT REDUCTION
By TireKicker

2017 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

NOTE IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING TOWING WITH A 2017 SORENTO --- 2016 Kia Sorento AWD 6-cylinder with tow package: towing capacity 5000 lbs with tongue weight 500 lbs (Owner's Manual p. 5-104). 2017 Kia Sorento AWD 6-cylinder with tow package: towing capacity 5000 lbs with tongue weight 350 lbs (Owner's Manual p. 5-113). Separately, you might also be interested to know that to change the oil it is necessary to first remove a cover plate with 17 bolts before you can access the oil drain plug. Consequently, most will end up hacksawing an access hole in the cover.

"Made" in USA
By Mark Tulip

2017 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Assembled here with US engine and US transmission. Best warranty in the market that I have seen. Rides and handles well. Slightly underpowered accelerating onto highway smoothly with 4 cylinder standard engine. Smallish rear window.

Love my new KIA except for one thing.
By A. D. Odom

2017 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My new Sorento SX is loaded with goodies and I love it. The goodies are better designed and easier to operate than my Wife's new Lexus LS460. The nav. is much more "Americanized". The ONLY PROBLEM that I have is, I'm a big guy and the driver's seat if very uncomfortable due to the very hard bolsters. They are very hard and gives me hip pain when I sit in the seat. After much searching, I found a cushion that makes it much more comfortable to drive. It takes a little more effort to get seated as I have to try to adjust the cushion when I get in. I guess they design these seats for small Korean folks with small butts. If you have a large rear end, ya better be careful before buying this car.

Our 3rd Sorento - best yet!!
By Mrs. E.

2017 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

The V6 is very responsive. In general, the car feels sturdier and more solid than previous years. Gas mileage is better even though it is a V6 - averaging between 24 and 25 mpg. Great car, good value.