2007 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:
good for the money
By coffeequeen on 02/28/10 02:51 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the vehicle new in 11/07, have 30,000 miles on it and for the most part has been a great vehicle. I do have a rattle that sounds like it's coming from the back but no one can seem to find the source, the handles that help you in/out are very poorly built, 3 out of 4 of mine have already came out. the windshield motor is gone now and when i tried to go buy one they say it's a dealer part. I regret not buying the extended van as the regular short base has no more room than my previous car. But those are all minor, the experience I have had with this van has been exceptional, no regrets. I have 3 other family members that have been kia owners and all were very happy with theirs.

Worse Van Ever Had!! VERY COSTLY!!
By ftwcowgirl76 on 12/28/09 06:04 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Wrote previous review praising van. Now want to shoot it! 89,000 miles and 4 sets of brakes in two years. Solenoid replaced, check engine light due to recall for exterior lighting/brake lights/switch. That was fixed. Check engine light comes on again along with oil light. Before could stop and check oil, van starts dying. Got oil in it & it starts making loud noise. Now finding out that timing belt went out & probably destroyed motor. If motor destroyed, then will be letting it just go back. Not interested in continuing to pay on something not reliable and that costly to maintain. Have to pay $100 deductible every time I take it in for anything covered under the warranty or recalled.

POOR BRAKES BUT GREAT VAN!!
By ftwcowgirl76 on 02/02/09 09:36 AM (PST)

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I am a courier so I put a lot of miles on in a short time. I have had to replace the brakes 3 times in less than one year. The first time because one of the brake pads just fell off the vehicle! It now has 66,000 miles and I am already having to replace the rotors and the brakes again. Very poor quality in the brakes! Service engine light came on once already and had to be taken in for that. That time was the solenoid. Now it's on again and will have to be taken in again to be fixed. Don't know yet what that problem is. And come on.. do you really need 12 cup holders in a vehicle that seats 7 only?!

Nice Van!
By Richard and Margie on 08/11/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We are a retired couple and were planning to purchase a van as a utilitarian vehicle to haul stuff from home improvement stores, pull a trailer, and take our grandkids to various events. We also owned a 1998 Toyota Avalon that we planned to keep for longer trips and as our "going out" car. We spent nearly six months comparing vans on this website and on safecarguide, and then driving them. Safety and value were very important to us. We decided to purchase a new Kia Sedona. Not only did it cost less than some late model used vans at Carmax, but the warranty and roadside assistance gave us assurance that the manufacturer was standing behind the sale.

Power to Surprise
By Jack on 11/02/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I chose the Kia minivan over several others I test drove. It has a nice driving feel to it. It looks nice as far as minivans go, and it has a good warranty. It's a good value for the money when you throw in the 100,000 warranty. I was very disappointed when the transmission locked in park and it stranded my three young kids and me thirty miles from home. Unfortunately KIA agreed to tow the car to the dealership but didn't offer to provide us with a ride home or contact a rental car company. Kia's slogan is "The power to surprise." They got that right. I was surprised that a car would break down after only six weeks and 3,600 miles.

John's Folly
By Gorda on 10/06/07 15:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this vehicle is fun and functional. I opted for base model without all options. I wanted the flat floor and cargo capacity. I normally don't carry more than one or two adults. I love the heavy duty tires 225x70x16 and six bolt wheels. Will carry a fantastic load. Very fast.

Explorer
By Gordacat on 03/30/07 13:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased short wheel based version. Noticed that it suffers for fuel mileage, but makes up for it in cargo, and convenience. I travel, and got rid of a 2003 Ford Taurus, which got excellent mileage, and had 140,000 miles. But I am retired and needed the cargo capacity and leg room.

Amazing Car
By Si Yung on 02/23/07 23:07 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The car is very comfortable, convenient, calm, and efficient. The interior design is so nice that I feel cozy. It is good for family driving. My family really enjoys riding in it.

2007 Sedona EX
By crazyhorse1966 on 01/22/07 19:22 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Road tested on inner city streets and on highways. Very comfortable feeling and handles very well on turns and curves. Like sitting on my couch driving through winding roads. Love everything about this model. Maybe a little too long for my garage, but other than that, an excellent overall vehicle. Also, the rear backing sensors are great, along with the child monitoring reflector mirror.

Wise $ spent
By markd on 01/17/07 23:06 PM (PST)

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I compared ALL vans. It came down to the Honda and yes, the Kia. Honda if you want to lease... Kia to buy. Though I preferred the Honda, the $3k difference, bang for the buck, 10 year warranty, a better reliability rating by Consumer Reports, BEST minivan distinction in safety by the insurance institute, 5 star gov. rating, "Best Buy" by Consumers Digest and on and on from one review to the next...decision done. I did like the drive of the Honda, but I believe it's because of the name cache "Honda" vs. Kia. Getting over that, they drive near identical. The fit and finish is also on par, if not better. Common sense, value, and the safest van distinction made this an easy purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.