Used 2007 Kia Sedona Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Kia Sedona - Consumer Reviews

2007 Kia Sedona

View reviews for a specific Sedona model:

good for the money
By coffeequeen

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the vehicle new in 11/07, have 30,000 miles on it and for the most part has been a great vehicle. I do have a rattle that sounds like it's coming from the back but no one can seem to find the source, the handles that help you in/out are very poorly built, 3 out of 4 of mine have already came out. the windshield motor is gone now and when i tried to go buy one they say it's a dealer part. I regret not buying the extended van as the regular short base has no more room than my previous car. But those are all minor, the experience I have had with this van has been exceptional, no regrets. I have 3 other family members that have been kia owners and all were very happy with theirs.

Favorite Features

exterior looks, dash set up and warrenty.

Suggested Improvements

build a little stronger so not so much rattle, do something to improve gas mileage and better parts (like windshield motor). Resale stinks.

Worse Van Ever Had!! VERY COSTLY!!
By ftwcowgirl76

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Wrote previous review praising van. Now want to shoot it! 89,000 miles and 4 sets of brakes in two years. Solenoid replaced, check engine light due to recall for exterior lighting/brake lights/switch. That was fixed. Check engine light comes on again along with oil light. Before could stop and check oil, van starts dying. Got oil in it & it starts making loud noise. Now finding out that timing belt went out & probably destroyed motor. If motor destroyed, then will be letting it just go back. Not interested in continuing to pay on something not reliable and that costly to maintain. Have to pay $100 deductible every time I take it in for anything covered under the warranty or recalled.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, roll down sliding door windows, 12 cup holders, lots of nooks.

Suggested Improvements

BRAKES! CUSTOMER SERVICE! ENGINE! Just tear the whole thing apart and redo with parts and supplies that are reliable!!!

POOR BRAKES BUT GREAT VAN!!
By ftwcowgirl76

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I am a courier so I put a lot of miles on in a short time. I have had to replace the brakes 3 times in less than one year. The first time because one of the brake pads just fell off the vehicle! It now has 66,000 miles and I am already having to replace the rotors and the brakes again. Very poor quality in the brakes! Service engine light came on once already and had to be taken in for that. That time was the solenoid. Now it's on again and will have to be taken in again to be fixed. Don't know yet what that problem is. And come on.. do you really need 12 cup holders in a vehicle that seats 7 only?!

Favorite Features

Very comfortable to drive. Very quiet. Feels like you are floating on air. Be careful or your speed gets away from you because of that. Side doors windows roll down. Very nice feature! Lots of nooks and crannies.

Suggested Improvements

The braking system needs a major overhaul! Make the SWB with automatic sliding doors and back hatch opening. Outside temperature readout and miles left til empty readout would be nice.

Nice Van!
By Richard and Margie

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We are a retired couple and were planning to purchase a van as a utilitarian vehicle to haul stuff from home improvement stores, pull a trailer, and take our grandkids to various events. We also owned a 1998 Toyota Avalon that we planned to keep for longer trips and as our "going out" car. We spent nearly six months comparing vans on this website and on safecarguide, and then driving them. Safety and value were very important to us. We decided to purchase a new Kia Sedona. Not only did it cost less than some late model used vans at Carmax, but the warranty and roadside assistance gave us assurance that the manufacturer was standing behind the sale.

Favorite Features

This van is comfortable and fun to drive. In fact, after we drove from Charlotte to Washington, DC, with a couple of passengers last November, we decided we no longer needed a second car and sold our Avalon in January. We like the responsive engine, and the many compartments (like a double glovebox)

Suggested Improvements

The emergency flasher button is located near the top center of the dash, a little too near the fan speed control. The third row rear seats can be removed when we haul bulky loads, but we wish they were somewhat lighter!

Power to Surprise
By Jack

2007 Kia Sedona 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I chose the Kia minivan over several others I test drove. It has a nice driving feel to it. It looks nice as far as minivans go, and it has a good warranty. It's a good value for the money when you throw in the 100,000 warranty. I was very disappointed when the transmission locked in park and it stranded my three young kids and me thirty miles from home. Unfortunately KIA agreed to tow the car to the dealership but didn't offer to provide us with a ride home or contact a rental car company. Kia's slogan is "The power to surprise." They got that right. I was surprised that a car would break down after only six weeks and 3,600 miles.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, stable ride. Nice supportive seats. Plenty of room for the kids.

Suggested Improvements

It would be helpful and retain more customers if the car does break down unexpectedly and early that they provide a vehicle to drive home on the spot, particularly minivans carrying young passengers.