Used 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Loved it, then hated it
By T-Mac

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It's a vehicle I have always wanted, so I got a 2010 JKU and loved the look and treated it like a baby. Just before paying off the loan at 5 years, several expensive (each approx. $700) repairs became a concern within a period of 6 months: alternator, brake booster, screeching sound, and not starting. The last straw was a master cylinder and other repairs that the dealer said would cost about $1,000 to fix. I was done and asked for the keys so I could trade it in for a reliable Japanese vehicle. It was fun for about 4 years and I got $17,300 trade-in after 5 years and 56k miles.

Love my Jeep
By Kent

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

As my title says, I love my Jeep Wrangler Sport 4 door. Am not an off roader but instead needed a rugged vehicle with 4 wheel drive capability. This vehicle is fantastic and will go through almost anything mother nature throws at it. The four doors make it very convenient and the extra space in back is well appreciated. Gas mileage is decent although could be a little better. Highly recommend the Wrangler 4 door.

Comfort of front seats and even though I am tall seating position is perfect for me with all controls right at hand. Fantastic in bad weather. Very stable and controlled ride. Handles extremely well. Hardtop is a definite plus. Rear space is good.

Allow back seat to recline, too upright. Rear gate should be hinged so it stays open. Better fuel mileage.

It's About Time
By Back 2basics

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my first jeep 18 years ago. Since then this is my 4th. As a prior jeep owner, I can say wow! This vehicle has made leaps and bounds since then. The ride is smooth and the handling is tight. Mostly everything that I used to say would improve the jeep has been addressed in the newer design. The front section of the Freedom Top is effortless to remove while the interior design is a drastic improvement. I hope the longevity of the 3.8 v6 is that of the old 4.0 straight 6.

It's a Jeep

Could use a little more zip and power mirrors.

It's Everything it Should Be
By Parker

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The ride may have a few more bumps, the styling may be a bit more rugged, & your hair may get a little messed up. The Wrangler is everything you would expect it to be while giving the comfort and conveniences you may not. The controls, seats, and functionality have the same ease of use & comfort as the Commander or Cherokee. (We've owned all three and love each of them) I was afraid I wouldn't take the hard top off enough but it's so easy, I've been known to take it off & put it back on multiple times in the same day. I do wish that it came standard with rubber floor mats instead of the wimpy carpet ones and the cup holders could use a redesign.

The hard top is great. The front pieces remove with a few twists and are light enough for one person to handle with ease. The AC is impressive too. Even with a somewhat thin top, I can count on a cold interior on a hot day.

This is probably minor but what's up with manufacturers putting that weird "fringe" stuff around the parking break? It looks messed up from day one. The other thing that just doesn't hold up well are the sides of the cup holders that squeeze the cup. It's another minor issue that could be better.

Should've kept my Tahoe
By Kmurray

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Well after bugging my husband to get our 71 Scouts done he finally caved and let me get the Jeep. I wish he had held his ground. I didn't really test drive it all that much, because if I had I would have never bought it. Rough ride more of a man truck and not a family vehicle. Need to trade it in for one with better fuel economy. Only bought it because I wanted a smaller car payment. Like the forums say "Your either a Jeep lover or not" I would be one of the nots. My husband on the other hand likes it. Looks cool, but just not for me.

Fun with the removable 3 piece freedom top. Fun driving off road. Does great in the snow.

Less road noise. Offer the soft top standard. Don't charge so much for the automatic ($2700 more). Better radio; I mean if the tops are meant to be off at least put a good system in it.