Used 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Most Helpful|
Love Our Wrangler
By Dan

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Although fairly new, we love our Rubicon. It will go through any Michigan winter. We had to have one after off roading in a Jeep in Moab, Utah. No need for block heater, heats up within a block.

Favorite Features

top down or winter driving, loads of fun.

Suggested Improvements

I would like more power.

Best Jeep I Have Ever Owned
By WayneS

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned a CJ5, CJ2A, M38, M38A1 and a Commando- all VERY capable off-roaders which required certain “compromises” when driven on pavement. My new Rubicon is not only head and shoulders above every other Jeep I have owned in off-road capabilities, it is well-behaved on paved roads. Seats are comfortable, ride/handling better than adequate - it is pretty quiet-riding. But, it IS a Jeep, with off-road oriented tires, short wheel-base and convertible top. Those who expect the handling, ride and comfort of a CAR will be disappointed by it. I knew what I wanted and what to expect when I bought a Jeep. This Rubicon very capably delivers what I want, and has EXCEEDED what I expected.

Favorite Features

6 speed manual transmission is very nice. The Locking Dana 44, 4.10:1 differentials are wonderful. After all these years, it STILL looks like a Jeep!

Suggested Improvements

Just a BIT more power, please. If the rear portion of the front fender skirts extended just about 2" lower, then the tires wouldn't throw all that road grime onto the sides of the Jeep when it rains. For the $$ it costs I think the Rubicon model should include better undercarriage protection.

Best Off Roader in the world
By Hofgee Rofgee

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I go off road a lot and the wrangler exceeds my expectations. I got out of spots that other members in my jeep club have said were impossible to get through. Jeep should offer more off road systems like Toyota has, like rock crawl, etc. Offer a compass, inclinometer, and temp gauge like in the fj. I replace my off roader every other year and will probably get a fj or 4 runner because of this,

Favorite Features

everything.

Suggested Improvements

More Off road systems

Stunning
By Richard Smith

2010 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is beyond imaginable off- road. Nothing can stop it-rivers, trees, lakes, mud and just about anything else it can handle easy. Formerly owned Mercedes G55 AMG which was much more luxurious as expected, but the wrangler blows it out the water in off-road situation. Beware though, this car is nothing like a usual car on-road so if you have the extra $$$ get a second car for urban commutes and driving.

Favorite Features

Off-road Capability

Suggested Improvements

Center Differentials. Diesel Option.