2007 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: I love my JK

2007 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

I love my JK
By Jeepin Dad on

2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I upgraded from a '89 Wrangler to the '07 with the 6 speed, S-package, freedom top, tow package, rear locker, swaybar disconect, 17" wheel/tire package. The ride is great, the engine is responsive with the 6-speed and 4.10 gears. Gas mileage isn't great, I have been averaging about 18 mpg which is what the sticker said it would get. The seats are comfortable, the height adjustable drivers seat is a nice feature. I really like the removable hard top panels, it takes less time to remove and replace these than it did to put up and down my soft top. I have had it off-road and with the rear locker and swaybar diconnects it performed great. The disconnect really smoothed the ride out.

Freedom panels, adjustable height drivers seat, electric locker, electric swaybar disconnect, rear storage compartment.

Rear seat access, especially on the passenger side, with the seat belt anchored to the seat it is in the way when entering the back. A more agressive tire option whould have been nice. A skidplate to protect the evap canister.