Ultimate 4x4 from the factory!
By Kelly S. on
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
I purchased it new. So far I have done the usual city driving, taken it on a few highway trips and done some light off-road so far. For its size there is no vehicle that will park as easy as a Wrangler. It turns sharp and visibility is excellent. With the hard top on it is the quietest Wrangler yet on the highway. Some very minor wind noise and some whine from the knobby off-road tires, but still not bad. Off-road it is a killer! Once the axles are locked there is nothing that can stop you. The 4.0L puts out so much torque at idle it is amazing. The solid axles allow the suspension to flex and keep the tires in contact with the ground better than any other factory 4x4 I have seen!
Favorite Features
The 4.0L in line six motor has bags of torque just off idle! I can idle this vehicle in 6th gear with my foot OFF the gas and it will not stall. History of this motor shows it will last 400,000 miles if regular maintenance is done I have personally seen it several times.
Suggested Improvements
For a killer off-road machine that is still practical and fun to drive in the city DaimlerChrysler has done a very good job here, it's hard to think of what could be made better. A note to Chrysler: Don't even think of replacing the 4.0L engine with that trashy V-6 that is in the Liberty.