2000 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Durability = Jeep Wrangler

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

Durability = Jeep Wrangler
By Kay on

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

This is the most durable vehicle I have ever owned. After about 5 years the oil sending unit had to be replaced which was about $200. Other than that it has been great. I realize the gas mileage is not good, but that's something you find out BEFORE you make a purchase. I absolutely love the short wheel base. That makes parking and getting places a lot easier. I have grown accustomed to the road noise, and that really isn't a problem since the kids are grown and I ride by myself most of the time. Obviously these vehicles are made to be driven hard, because you can't beat the low maintenance on this vehicle.

Favorite Features

The short wheel base is awesome - you never have a problem getting into a parking place. The low maintenance on this vehicle is fantastic. I replaced the oil sending unit a couple of years ago, and that's pretty much it.

Suggested Improvements

The poor gas mileage is my biggest complaint, but it's understandable with the non-aerodynamic shape and the rag top. You can't drive it fast on a windy day, but who needs to speed.