2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Great boy toy !
By Great boy toy ! on 07/22/08 20:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Have wanted a Jeep since I started to drive. Just purchased a 2000 SE with 80,000. 4cyl. Drives great. Have been making mods to improve performance. Great gas mileage with the 4 banger. You do give up some performance. having fun working on it. Kids are having a great time with the top down. It is only up if its raining.

In love with my Jeep...
By dinoj on 01/01/05 14:20 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

For years, I've wanted a convertible, but wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money for a rear-wheel drive Mustang. Then this summer I saw a friend in a Jeep Wrangler with the top down, and owned one myself within the week. It is the most fun vehicle my husband and I have ever owned. Another friend says I'm in mid-life crisis, but if this is the case, then BRING IT ON!!!

I love my yella Jeep!
By troilus1 on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Every few months, my wife begs me to get rid of my Jeep. "It's bumpy," she says. "I can't hear myself think." "I can barely climb into it." "My feet don't touch the ground." (she's 5 feet tall) But I run my hand along the hood, and I shake my head. I'll drive this baby into the ground. It handles like a dream, and has the tightest turn-radius of anything I've ever driven. I love being able to crawl anywhere I need to go, and still get 20mpg on the freeway. With the top down, this is, for any North Dakota boy who's made his way to Cali, *the* dream car. I've found it extremely dependable (I put 20k a year on it), easy to tinker with, and no end of fun.

jeeps rule
By brandt on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

the newest jeep wrangler is jeep no matter which way you look at it. the only difference is the coil suspension system, and the upgraded interior. in my own oppinion the upgraded interior has to go. i have a 1976 cj7 and a 1981 cj8 scrambler and they have no interior whatsoever. its just to pretty inside and way to much plastic. a jeep is supposed to be a rugged offroad machine not a pretty city driven vehicle so keep it true to its heritage and take the plastic out of the interior

Happy owner
By JLC on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Very happy with vehicle.Wish it got better mileage w/4.0 liter /auto trans. Only problems in 30000 mile warranty period were; Black paint on exterior parts of alum-alloy (mirrors,door handles and rear tailgate window hinges all peeled.All replaced with no hassle by dealer!Also, with my size 14 shoes I frequently hit both gas and brake pedal when stopping! Very scary!

Fun Vehicle
By Marker on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Great Vehicle! I have the fully sissified version. AC, CD, add-a-trunk, and auto trans. I never thought I'd buy the auto-trans but after I drove it around Washington, DC once I had to have it. Parking is very easy. I like being able to go anywhere I want. I may have to sell. The jeep isn't too confortable for my wife, my son (4 months) and I.

Great car, period.
By jamurr on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I have a 2000 Wrangler Sport, and since my wife is now pregnant, it has to go. I absolutely love this car -- I had a 1989 Wrangler before this, and believe me, the improvements are too numerous to list. I had some worries about the build quality, especially after hearing everything about the Grand Cherokee, but have had nothing in almost a year and a half. The car is incredibly fun to drive, and the engine is more than capable. I haven't done any off- roading, but I bet it would handle anything like a champ. I would highly recommend this to anyone (without young kids!!!).

Nothing like a jeep
By Stewey on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my jeep about six months ago and love it. A lot of fun to drive with the top off. The four cylinder is fine for around town but too slow for the interstate. My next jeep will have a six cylinder. Has been dependable and good on gas.

Jeep Wrangler SE 4x4
By T Rex on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I find that this vehicle is a good buy for the money, it is very reliable, fun to drive (in winter and summer), looks good, and very little maintenance is required.... other than routine oil/brake/tire changes.

Great Jeep
By judge09 on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

This was the absolute best college vehichle ever. I had a blast driving it with the top down and doors off and it handled great in a foot of snow. I never had any problems and it takes abuse. I found this jeep not very practical for long trips cause you cant talk period. My roommate actually wore ear plugs (wuss). But a canvas top on a box you have to expect noise. Not unbearable either. An AWSOME jeep. I am going to buy an older one as a play car. The wrangler just wasnt a good everyday to work driver. If I bought the I-6 engine I would probably be keeping the jeep.