1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
1995 YJ Wrangler
By yjnightrider95 on 08/25/14 08:44 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Very Reliable. Bought it with 105k miles 6 months ago. Now has 120,000 miles and the only replacements I've made is the radiator, motor mounts, and drive shaft yolk. I drive this vehicle hard. Only typical problem I have that any older vehicle has is that in extreme hot weather idling and geared down it tends to run a little hot. the longest I've drove it straight is 5 hours on 1 tank of gas.

Great vehicle for all seasons and all reasons
By brunobravo on 01/19/14 11:11 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought it new and put 180K miles on it. Had it for 10 years. Had one repair on it. Hairline crack on exhaust manifold. Replaced it with a header for $140.00 + $60.00 to install. That was the only repair other than brakes, battery & tires. This Jeep never let me down and very dependable.

Reliable & Fun Run-about
By jb on 09/29/08 12:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

My 1995 Wrangler SE (Sport) is equipped with the bullet-proof 4.0 liter in-line six and 5 speed manual transmission. Options include the Sport Package & AC. This little Jeep has nearly 140,000 miles on it and still looks & runs like new. This old AMC designed YJ Wrangler is not a luxury car - it is a vehicle designed to go off-road as well as on- road. If you purchase one knowing its highway limitations (not a high-speed cruiser or a 40 mpg econo-box), as well as its attributes - great in all weather - summer or winter) you should be very satisfied. Sure they are noisy & rough riding, but they are durable, reliable and a blast to drive. My preference is the YJ.

Love my Jeep!
By azmouse on 02/26/08 07:04 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Wanted a Jeep forever, got it for a second vehicle & mid-life crisis car. Put a new engine in it right after purchase so as not to worry about previous care (had 67000 miles on it, we've added close to that), this baby has been good to us! Nothing like taking that top off in the spring and waving to other Jeeps. Have an 8" lift on it, very bouncy and loud (soft top, hard doors & windows) but heater cooks us in winter. Not very powerful (tough to get over 65 MPH on freeway) but not built for freeway driving anyway! I almost bought another for every day but they're a bit small inside so one will have to do. I will always own at least one Jeep from now on!

Very Fun!
By Jaryd on 04/19/07 17:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I'm 17 and I was so lucky to get a Jeep Wrangler for my first car. They are so much fun to drive and one of the most versitile vehicles on the road. If it's hot, just pop off the top and doors, and if its cold, Jeep heaters are second to none, it will fry you. But overall I wouldn't trade it for anything else. All my friends think it's the coolest car. One reason is because of the sweet 33 by 30 inch tires I put on it with alloy rims. This SUV rocks!

Jeep Wrangler YJ
By texasjeepguy on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep YJ is great as a second car. If this will be your primary car, then you better be ready to turn int o a true Jeeper.

You can't go wrong with a Wrangler
By schmorgasboard on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

There is only one thing that will disappoint your purchase of a Wrangler: all your passengers will continually question its practicality. Yea, the soft top is loud, but when you can put it down in 3 min, it's worth all the noise. Yea, the ride is bumpy, but it's the peace of mind that no water, snow, mountain, street, road construction, nor any obstruction can get between my Wrangler and my destination that makes it worth it. Yea, it can get abused and look less than perfect, but it's biggest inker Toy you'll ever see and once you realize the millions of accessories you can add to it to customize, you'll love it even more.

Married to my Jeep (O|||||O)!
By TurboJeep on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

You already know what I'm going to say about this work of art; it is just awesome! I ordered it from the factory, waited 3 long months to get it. Fire enjine red with black hard top (have soft one too), 6cyl 4.0 automatic. Would have gotten str8 drive, but I lived in DC at the time and the stop-&- go traffic was bad. My next one will be a stick, but I'll never, and I mean NEVER let this one go. Restoring a late 60's model also. Please, don't refer to your Jeep as a "she". No "she" could be as rugged as my truck.

95 Wrangler
By Jon67cj5 on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my Jeep and will never part with it. Ranger (my Jeep's name; no girly names for this butch machine) has always served me well. I had an A/C hose leak while under warranty and they made me pay part of the repair, but I negotiated that. Replaced the belt and a headlight, but that's it! It still looks great inside and out. With my chrome package, it gets the stares and people say they can't believe it's 7 years old; looks like new! Joncj5(at) yahoo dot com.

the JEEPSTER!
By syril on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 2dr SUV 4WD

THE WRANGLER WILL FOREVER BE IN MY HEART...BUT IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON. EVERYONE SHOULD RIDE OR OWN ONE OF THESE CARS ONCE IN THEIR LIFE!