1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande - Great
By fooyatz on 02/28/14 13:43 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande Edition back in 1995 on time for the 1996 Blizzard. Until today, I still own the same Jeep and with 325,000 miles on it, it was definitely reliable. Original parts since day except for the shocks and brakes. I cant tell you how much fun this Jeep is.

My second Wrangler
By wingman67 on 01/22/14 17:34 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

This is our 8th Jeep and my second 1995 Wrangler. I bought my first 1995 Wrangler S in 1997 and drove it absolutely everywhere including out of state trips. I wanted another one and knew I wanted the same type....old school leaf springs and ruggedness that vanished after the 95 model year. Now I have a 95 Rio Grande model. Rides exactly like my first one......kidney pounding rough and exactly what a Jeep Wrangler is about. Has about 133,000 on the clock and gets about 19 mpg if I'm easy on it. This is my daily driver even in coldest of winter. The soft top and soft upper doors are no problem with that strong heater. Love this thing as much as I did my first one and I'd recommend to anyone!

my yippi
By ashmanart on 04/06/13 17:43 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I just bought a 95 wrangler rio grande edition 4x4 soft top. it has air conditioning, a warn winch and a new top. Only 41000 miles on it. it was babied - the last owner (I'm the 3rd) took good care of it as did the original owner. I had a 59 CJ and a 51 Willys Overland. I love this car. I bought it for myself for my 65th birthday and it's my daily driver for a 13 mile commute. This 4 cylinder is an upgrade of the flathead "hurricane" engine and has twice the horsepower. Cruise at 75 making 3200 RPM. What could be better. I'm keeping this baby!

!995 Jeep wrangler rio grande
By adamlang05 on 10/03/11 13:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

It was my first vehicle im 18 and have a 1995 wrangler rio grande with 174k miles and still running strong. put a 4 1/2 in lift on all spring no body. and some 33in extra wide tires. im stuck on jeeps thing will go anywere i live in alaska and that thing will start up at -15 easy. easy to work on had to do a few things but not alot. put a new starter, steering box, clutch, and exaust manifold. and transmission just now starting to go out dont have 5 th gear but new transmission on its way as we speak. could ask for a better vehicle.

Love this Jeep!
By tapgypsy on 01/20/11 06:47 AM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought it used 8 years ago for our then 16-year-old son. He drove it until he went to college and now my husband uses it as his daily vehicle. Loves it! Not all that pretty to look at now, but he wouldn't give it up.

Well-Loved Jeep
By LW on 06/18/10 10:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

My 95 Rio Grande is my first car and I can't see myself ever driving anything but a Jeep. This Jeep has 171k miles and is still going strong. We had to replace the fuel pump around 168k and patch up a few rust spots, but this Jeep is well-loved. Great in the sun and snow too!

14yrs and counting
By 14yrs and counting on 09/22/09 19:41 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

This was my dream car when I was 19. Now I'm 33 with a kid, but I still have it since its paid for and runs well. Have driven this from WI to the beaches in Oregon, Key West, New Orleans and out to Baltimore. I promised my nephew when he was two he could have the car when he turned 16. He's eight now, but has decided he would like a car that stays dry and is quiet. I would simply like cup holders, but that's why I unplug the drains and rinse out the car. I disliked the car while I went through a bad spell of mechanics, but I have Nick to fix it now. When my three year old is able he can fix my car for me!! I didn't think it was possible to have one car my whole life.

Love my Jeep and will never sell it !
By Darren on 06/02/09 22:08 PM (PDT)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had this Jeep for 3 years now. I bought it and have not looked back. It has been super reliable. Other than routine maintenance it has not failed us . It is soooooo fun to drive and the 4 cyl gets great mileage. I do not keep vehicles for long but this baby will be with me forever ! It is the RIO GRANDE model.

Only in a Jeep
By AndersonMichael on 01/01/09 14:57 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep after driving a Mercury Grand Marquis for several years, at 28 years old i knew it was time to start living some. I saw my future Jeep advertised by standing on top of a rock. Once i figured out how to remove the soft top and doors i was amazed at how fun it was to cruise in the summer with such freedom. The Jeep has been extremely reliable through all harsh conditions. There is a certain toughness that goes along with a Wrangler. I added off-road tires and fog lights. THe 2.5 litre has 125K on it and is still going strong. A Jeep isn't for everyone and the ride is pretty rough, also the soft top makes for a pretty noisy ride however i enjoy it overall.

Love my YJ
By johnnap on 12/07/08 21:10 PM (PST)

1995 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I love this jeep. It is easy to work on, a little bumpy but, hey its a jeep. I have no problem going 70mph on the highway at 3000 rpm's. The clutch is smooth. Mpg's aren't bad for a jeep I do have a cold air intake I installed myself in less than 2 hours. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. My girlfriend has an 04 Rubicon. She calls my jeep the girly one but, honestly I like driving the Rio better.