Used 1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

1995 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande - Great
By fooyatz

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande Edition back in 1995 on time for the 1996 Blizzard. Until today, I still own the same Jeep and with 325,000 miles on it, it was definitely reliable. Original parts since day except for the shocks and brakes. I cant tell you how much fun this Jeep is.

Favorite Features

4X4 on the fly is the best option on this Jeep. Although, it was only 4 cylinder, justice was served in every way.

Suggested Improvements

I do not know any improve for this year model jeep except the bouncy ride but then again it is not a wrangler if they did not have that feature.

My second Wrangler
By wingman67

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

This is our 8th Jeep and my second 1995 Wrangler. I bought my first 1995 Wrangler S in 1997 and drove it absolutely everywhere including out of state trips. I wanted another one and knew I wanted the same type....old school leaf springs and ruggedness that vanished after the 95 model year. Now I have a 95 Rio Grande model. Rides exactly like my first one......kidney pounding rough and exactly what a Jeep Wrangler is about. Has about 133,000 on the clock and gets about 19 mpg if I'm easy on it. This is my daily driver even in coldest of winter. The soft top and soft upper doors are no problem with that strong heater. Love this thing as much as I did my first one and I'd recommend to anyone!

Favorite Features

Love the leaf spring suspension, durability, mileage, just a joy and a blast to drive.

my yippi
By ashmanart

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

I just bought a 95 wrangler rio grande edition 4x4 soft top. it has air conditioning, a warn winch and a new top. Only 41000 miles on it. it was babied - the last owner (I'm the 3rd) took good care of it as did the original owner. I had a 59 CJ and a 51 Willys Overland. I love this car. I bought it for myself for my 65th birthday and it's my daily driver for a 13 mile commute. This 4 cylinder is an upgrade of the flathead "hurricane" engine and has twice the horsepower. Cruise at 75 making 3200 RPM. What could be better. I'm keeping this baby!

Favorite Features

torque is amazing. shifts easily and the transfer case is easy to use. no locking hubs, but I didnt really want to go out in the snow and ice and deal with that anyway. The underdash (factory) air is cold - too cold! which is how you want it. sounds good, runs good and feels right. Love this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

it would be great if the top and windows could come off a bit easier and it could really use a center mounted hand-brake. Especially on hills. the gm style step-on emergency brake just doesnt cut it.

!995 Jeep wrangler rio grande
By adamlang05

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

It was my first vehicle im 18 and have a 1995 wrangler rio grande with 174k miles and still running strong. put a 4 1/2 in lift on all spring no body. and some 33in extra wide tires. im stuck on jeeps thing will go anywere i live in alaska and that thing will start up at -15 easy. easy to work on had to do a few things but not alot. put a new starter, steering box, clutch, and exaust manifold. and transmission just now starting to go out dont have 5 th gear but new transmission on its way as we speak. could ask for a better vehicle.

Favorite Features

Ride height. the seats sit up high and with a good lift your not low to the ground anymore. and love the ride. its rough. and thats nice you feel the road.

Love this Jeep!
By tapgypsy

1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought it used 8 years ago for our then 16-year-old son. He drove it until he went to college and now my husband uses it as his daily vehicle. Loves it! Not all that pretty to look at now, but he wouldn't give it up.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficient, fun to drive in summer with top off.