Used 1994 Jeep Wrangler Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

1994 Jeep Wrangler SE Sport, Manual
By newyorkgiants76

1994 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought this Jeep Jan of 2000 had 44K, and now has 146K still fun to drive and still turns heads. Although gas sucks, 17mpg highway, I would recommend it as a second vehicle for fun. Overall it has been a reliable vehicle. But now I'm ready to get sometime for the highway.

I bought a target top which is easy to remove.

GAS and rear UV Joint breaks often so you should check it once a month.

Still runs like a champ!
By RedRagtopYJ

1994 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Wrangler brand spank'n new. I wanted it so bad, when the dealership called me to say my order was in, I made my girlfriend take me up there to look at it all wrapped up! The Jeep Wrangler/CJ is the only vehicle that makes me get excited like some silly kid. I've done some off-roading, but nothing extreme. I've NEVER been stuck off-road, nor in the snow. It's been a pleasure to drive daily for the past 13 years. It's not perfect, by any means, but something I've cherished. Getting almost 170,000 miles on it now, the 4.0 inline 6 is tickidy, but keeps on going. From talking to others, this engine is good for 250,000 or better. And you thought only Hondas got that kinda life.

Convertible, 4WD, what's not to love? I love the ruggedness of it. It's crude in some ways, and definitely noisy, but full of charm. The big grey splash stripe down the sides was way cool in 1993, but definitely outdated in 2006.

The interior could have worn a little better, and the soft top has pulled out the windshield channel three times - first the screws pulled out, then rivets, now HUGE rivets. Gas mileage is horrible. You could buy a 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup with a big V8 and have the same gas mileage.

Best Money Spent
By E

1994 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchased our '94 Wrangler with a 4.0L automatic with 46,000 miles on it in 2000 for my son. It has 91,000 on it in 2005. In 4 yrs we have replaced the radiator. In 2004 we replaced the canvas top. Some vacuum problems with the heater but less that $25 to repair. The body only developed a small rust hole on the front fender. We will upgrade the suspension in 2005. Excellent SUV for the money.

Simple to maintain. 4.0L engine and automatic transmission is bullet proof. No other manufacture copy cats

Stronger leaf springs for 4.0L. Seat vinyl is of low quality (driver seat is torn)

wonderful
By Erikro

1994 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

there just a rocks hevy duty engines but to expensive toy. realy easy to work on, lots of space on the hood

the performance in/off the road

nicer features like radio and console

Why can't they build them all like this?
By Just Jeepin

1994 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Its still any easy vehicle to maintain, you can still change the oil and perform own tune ups with out a Master's degree. This vehicle goes to Camp Jeeps and has as much off road time as on. But still only 35,000 on it! Great Ride. The only work EVER needed on this vehicle was regular maintenance and ego busting lift kits and big A** Tires. Need to get two more of these vehicles for my two kids. Most versital winter summer vehicle. Its a 4 season vehicle and don't have to have 4 different vehicles in the garage, after a long day of jeeping through mud and climbing boulders I can still stop at the grocery store to get milk.

Love the fuel injected 4.0 6cyl engine.

The only way to improve this vehicle to have more trails to drive it on. If they improve it any more noone would use it for the intended purpose.