1993 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: I Love my Jeep!

1993 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Base Convertible SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

I Love my Jeep!
By Kevin on

1993 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

This little YJ is the ultimate go anywhere, do anything vehicle. I have it all pretty much stock, with slightly oversize tires (235/75/15). The tires aren't even off-road style lugs, they are street tires and this jeep will go anywhere on them. I have only gotten stuck in deep mud, and once high- centered it. If you like to go off-roading this is the best, most affordable, toughest little vehicle for that. If you like to cruise on the highway at 70+ mph this is not the best vehicle for that. Fuel mileage on the highway is dismal, but in town it is acceptable, and off-road fuel mileage is surprisingly good.

Convertible, I have hard top, soft top, and bikini top and its awesome, a top for any weather. It's ability to go anywhere, its amazing what it will do in stock form.

Locking differentials front and rear. I don't think this thing would ever get stuck with good lockers. Every time I've been stuck is because a wheel or two are off the ground, so no power is transferred to the wheels with traction. Other than that, this thing is nearly perfect.