1993 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Rat_Patrol
By balcuthra on 07/07/10 01:56 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I’ve had this ride since 93. My only complaint was that Chrysler failed to implement a recall on the fuel gauge system failure. And replacing it would have cost me $700.00 at the dealer, which I promptly refused to do. I drive without a working fuel gauge till this day. Needless to say, I had that car shipped to Hawaii for three years, and Italy for four, now it’s in Florida waiting to be shipped to Puerto Rico. I will own it till it dies. It went through three transmissions, fuel pump, water pump, two belts, five brake changes, four u-bolts, four shocks, tires, and that about it, aside from oil and tune ups. I have off road several times

310000 mile jeep
By lonnie on 06/29/10 12:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I read about jeep owners loving their jeep with 150,000 miles. My jeep has 310,000 miles and doing remarkably well. I have used it like a log truck and pulled logs at one time. Patton said the jeep and the browning BAR automatic rifle won WWII. I also have a Grand Cher Laredo. It can't hold a light to the wrangler with the sports package as far as performance and reliability.

Asphalt Hater, Dirt Devil!
By blue93yj on 06/22/08 01:04 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Picked up ol' blue almost a yr ago on July 4th. Had 119K on it, now it has 123K. In her retirement, she's received a lot of TLC - 4" Superlift, 33x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Series 152 Black Rock Crawlers, AEM cold air intake, high flow cat., along w/40 Series Delta Flow Flowmaster, Detroit lockers rear, Detroit true-trac front, and 4.88 gears f/r. No oil leaks (yet) on original 2.5L I4 AMC engine. Engine runs strong for a 4 banger and now takes synthetic motor oil for more TLC. To date, no white or black smoke from her tailpipe. Has been a good experience mechanically, and overall, easy to work on. I have had too much fun giving this rig a new lease on life.

Review of Jeep Wrangler - 1993 - 4 cylinder
By wesrick on 10/27/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

Like the other reviewers have said. It's a Jeep. It can be expensive. But, fixing things and doing regular maintenance right can make your Jeep really last. You must want a Jeep to get one, not just a car. They are not comfortable, they are not cheap, but they are very, very fun. There's nothing else like it. I am a creature of comfort (also drive a Lexus) however, I can't get rid of the Jeep. It's just too much fun.

Reliable
By drbphoto on 04/25/06 22:56 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I have the'93 Wrangler S. Many friends scoffed at me when I sold a Toyota truck and bought the Jeep. It's been EXTREMELY reliable and has held up to abuse that would destroy almost anything else out there, So far I've put 100k miles on it with 3 non-user induced repairs; starter fuel pump and oil pressure switch. Extremely fun to drive on the short haul but abusive on a long drive. Spartan interior with almost no creature comforts, Leg room could be more. Over all it's the best car I have ever owned and will keep it in one form or another for a very long time

Wrangler
By rwdc on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I had the opportunity to get a low milage older model Wrangler. I have had no problems with it and would highly reccommend it to anyone without a family.

Dependable and Fun
By KulDip on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my YJ for two years now and have well over 120K miles on it and have never had any problems. Fun to drive, especially during the summers. Very rugged and dependable. If you want a cush ride, go buy a Lexus, Jeeps aren't build for comfort, they are built for form and function. Overall, one of the most reliable, well built rigs I have ever owned!

I sure miss it!
By I M Wonderful on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Wrangler S 2dr SUV 4WD

A little over a year ago, I bought my 1993 Jeep Wrangler S from my parents; who bought it from my brother. What a fun vehicle! In Texas, you can almost live year round with the top off - and what a better feeling that riding around town with the wind blowing in your hair. Unfortunatly, it was wrecked just a few weeks ago - I'm going to miss it. It wasn't the "family" type vehicle I've always wanted, but it was in wonderful shape - was garaged since day one, never seen an ounce of dirt or mud, and wonderfully maintained. I couldn't have asked for a nicer Jeep. I will definately miss it.