2014 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
2.0 CVT Cherry Red
By elvis765 on 11/30/14 18:27 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I do like the car. I am with mixed emotions on the fuel economy as it does better on the hwy. than around town as most any car but the numbers vary greatly. I have only 2k miles to date. I like the style and color of the car. The cvt is fine esp. with the option to use it in manual mode. The brakes are good. I did have to get a minor paint issue fixed by the dealers body shop. The car handles well and everything is located where you need it to be. The seats are some of the best esp for the price but would like lumbar support. Time will tell on reliability since it really is a Hyundai Mitsubishi Dodge engine. I have had an issue with the car hesitating to start about 7 times now.

Great Car, Don't Listen to "Experts"
By jrgibsongirl on 11/13/14 14:36 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Please don't judge this car by the "expert" reviews. I've owned this car for one year and put 14k miles on it. I love it! Gas mileage is as advertised or even better (and that's with a base automatic engine). Interior is simple, but more than adequate. Ride is a little noisy on the highway, but hey, it's a Jeep not a Mercedes. If you're looking for a smaller SUV that's reliable and affordable then I highly recommend you check out the Patriot.

Fun Little SUV
By juice_weasel on 08/04/14 16:24 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

To Jeeps credit they offer one of the few remaining SUVs with a stick shift. All others have gone luxury. I simply cannot stomach paying upwards and beyond 25,000 for a 4-banger (30k for a Outback with a 172hp, 2.5L,seriously?). As a person that prefers that smaller engines.4-cylinder, are mated to a manual this was the only real option in my price range. I purchased it at Elk Grove Jeep where there were 80 units on display. I knew I wanted a patriot and leaning toward a 4x4. From my experience test driving everything on the lot; avoid anything with the automatic, 2.0 or 2.4. Testing the 5M and the 2.4 with the 4WD off was immediately apparent. Torque off the line was strong!

Much better than the reviews
By ttague2005 on 07/02/14 11:29 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2014 manual version, because I understand that small engines and economy come at a price. With the manual transmission, this car has fine acceleration and handling. I live in NE, so the AC was no big deal to do without and I prefer manual windows and locks in the winter. What's left then is a nice comfortable SUV that has traction control, hill assist start, fog lights, cruise control, etc. for $12,900. This is absolutely the best value for the money. In fact, I traded in my 2010 RAV4, because of the litany of problems it had. The amount I owed on the RAV was almost exactly what it cost me for the NEW Patriot with an excellent warranty.

Please with the Patriot
By detroiter313 on 06/29/14 11:07 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought one of these a week ago. My package is known as the Oscar Mike, which is a sub-package of the Latitude. My main goal was to replace my current vehicle with one that my increasingly aged parents can get in and out of better. The previous car was a 2003 Merc Sable. My parents can hop in and out of the car without too much difficulty and for when mom needs a wheelchair, that fits in the back without too much effort.

Surprisingly capable Jeep
By calid on 06/09/14 08:16 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my Patriot. It is true, there are many SUV's to choose from with more flash and flare, but do not let the professional reviews deter you. I bought a fully loaded Patriot Latitude, with the Sun/Sound Group, Bluetooth, Automatic rear view mirror, and the Freedom Drive II off road package for under 23k. It has been a year now and this Patriot has been an absolute joy to own. I bought it to explore and have fun. It has delivered.

Absolutely no problem!
By xmnr on 05/11/14 18:06 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Funny story - While waiting for a Ford Torneo from Spain, my little Chrysler broke down - expensively. Had to cancel the order, forfeit the deposit and look for a new vehicle. The wife said she wouldn't mind going back to a Jeep again, so there we are. Read the negative reviews (from professionals) and the positive reviews (from owners) and found nothing to put me off - except a growing skepticism of professionals. They were wrong on every count! The salesman actually finagled a discount to rebate the $500 deposit, after I agreed to buy and here we are!

2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L Latitude
By perfectsound on 03/21/14 06:55 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Patriot SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

First off, don't listen to the harsh reviews. They aren't reasonable. Secondly, this is NOT a Grand Cherokee. The Patriot is a cute little SUV (my first). It has all the comforts that a reasonable person would need, minus the elbow room of a larger vehicle. Secondly...it IS a Jeep...not a Lincoln. If you want a cute little SUV that rides and handles like a Jeep...then this is your car. I, for one, love it. The Latitude has all of the nice bells and whistles such as a nice stereo, hidden USB port for your iPOD, Blue Tooth for your phone, electric windows and door locks, heated seats, etc.

I drink my coffee black, and now drive an American Icon
By mr_doering on 02/02/14 07:08 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first vehicle was a 1965 American Rambler station wagon with three on the tree. The Jeep Patriot is no nonsense SUV that will take me wherever I want to go; moreover, It truly is an all-purpose vehicle without all of the bells and whistles. I have lived from the Caribbean to the Hawaiian islands and every time zone between (except Alaska), and this Jeep Patriot would be an asset in every past and future home; moreover, for its on- or off-road ability. However, in my case why finance stuff that I do not need.

Incredible Value
By 1cor118 on 11/06/13 18:40 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have never been a jeep fan, but I wanted a vehicle with decent room, good gas mileage, and inexpensive. I looked at toyota, honda, and others, but prices were too high. Then I read about the patriot here on Edmunds and got interested. I reluctently went to the local dealer and drove one and I was shocked! I selected a 4 cyl with front wheel drive and a 5 spd manual and it drives more like a honda accord than a jeep. It is very basic (A/C is the only option) but I purchased the vehicle brand new for $13,288 including dealer doc fees. (The MSRP was $18,000) My first tank ful of gas I got 30.1 mpg! The Patriot is solid, an incredible value and highly recommended.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Patriot Suv in VA is:

$174 per month*