Love This SUV
By EGB on
2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I have a 2007 Commander Limited with the 5.7L HEMI. I have driven it 2500+ miles so far. Mileage is better than what I expected based on other reviewers. I took a 250 mile trip and averaged 20.1 mpg using the cruise control set at 70 mph. I calculated this manually and the onboard computer confirmed it. Overall, I'm averaging 16.5 mpg on combined city/highway (25%/75%) driving. The ride is very smooth and it handles like a smaller vehicle. The torque/acceleration with the HEMI brings a big smile to my face. My favorite SUV so far (had Toyota 4Runner, Lexus RX330). The seats are comfortable and 2nd row leg room is better than advertised (stadium seating makes this row sit higher).
Favorite Features
Boston Acoustics sound is better than in my Lexus ES330. Rear backup camera and park distance sensors work great. The 3 sunroofs make the inside feel really open. Power liftgate is very handy. The built in in-dash 6 disc CD-changer recognizes MP3's. Sirius Satellite radio is great on trips.
Suggested Improvements
The 3rd row seat is tight on the legs, but I usually keep them down anyway. The Navigation system is not as easy to use as the Lexus. Touchscreen would be better. A slightly larger gas tank would be nice (comes with 21-gal). Cooled seats in addition to heated seats would be a useful option.