2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Sonata Hybrid model:

HPCU Died in Less than Two Months
By jonqyork

2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I bought this car on June 15, 2014. On July 14th, it wouldn't start. Had it towed to the dealer. It took them 5 days to find the problem. It was a blown fuse. On August 13th, it wouldn't start again. Towed again to the dealer. Now, 9 days later (when I originally wrote this), they still have it and can't figure out the problem. They said they've had another Sonata Hybrid in the shop with a similar problem for a month. They simply have no idea what's wrong with it or how to get it back on the road! And they told me they're now turning down tows because they don't know how to fix it!

Favorite Features

The car is beautiful, has a comfortable and quiet ride. But I'm sorry - none of that matters when you can't start the engine and the dealership and Hyundai engineers can't figure out what the problem is. The dealer told me that during the 9 days mine has been with them that they've had five other hybrids that were going to get towed to them, but they told them not to bring them - they don't know what the problem is and they can't fix it.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the Car! This car is like driving a computer. When the computer crashes the whole car dies. And apparently the computer is so complicated no one - not even the engineers at Hyundai corporate know how to fix it.