Won't buy another Hyundai
By mmdv61 on
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)
I have 33k on my 2012 Genesis. Since purchase in 8/2011 I have had the navigation replaced, the fuel injectors had to be cleaned because they were so dirty the car would stall in the middle of driving and now the oxygen sensor had to be replaced....stalling again, but this time the engine light went on so they could find the problem easier. Last time when it was stalling they couldn't find the problem until after keeping the car for 5 days. Now they recommend I buy fuel injector cleaner and put that in the tank every time I get an oil change in order to keep it from happening again. Even doing this, the car still has a rough idle at the start of the day.
Favorite Features
smooth ride and quiet.
Suggested Improvements
Have the exterior temperature shown at all time, rather than having to press a button. Allow the passenger front seat the option to be raised...feels like your are sitting in a hole. Provide an alert when the car is due for an oil change. Would have expected all these options in a car of this price and supposed luxury.
By j_a_e
on 08/22/14 17:33 PM (PDT)

I just rented a 2012 Genesis w/ 70K miles on it from Hertz. You certainly are right about the rough cold start idle. Also, I would never buy one because I absolutely need a folding back seat.