2008 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:
a good car but not up to luxury quality
By walter on 03/16/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have only 10,500 miles on this car I find it Nice to drive but not up to the standards I was expecting. The gas mileage is disappointing but does fall within Hyundai's spec when using gasoline without ethanol which lowers the mileage by around 3.5 mpg. I find the wind noise a little excessive. Handling is great it is hard to clean the paint. I have problem with slight shake while car is cold goes away as soon as engine warms. The am radio has very very limited reception dealer says this is normal. Overall I find the car not worth the price. I have driven many cars many thousand miles I rate this one average. Walter

Anyone else have this issue??
By Ron on 03/13/09 04:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

All features work well and car handles well. I now have about 13K miles on the car and the front rotors already show signs of wear. The dealer indicated that this was due to the hardness of the brake shoes. It would look as though the rotors would already need to be turned. Has anyone else had this issue? Gas mileage is less than impressive.

A LOT of Car for the Money
By Drew2931 on 01/22/09 04:43 AM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have 20,000 miles on my 2008 azera limited. This is a lot of car for the money! It is quiet, smooth, comfortable and with great performance from the 3.8l v-6. It has been perfectly reliable. There are no rattles or squeaks anywhere and it feels like it will stay that way forever. My children love the back seat - comfortable seats with lots of room. The truck is huge! All of the controls are logically laid out and I did not have to go to school to figure everything out. I Cruise at 72 - 78 on the interstate and the car is stable, quiet, great visibility all around and I average 25 - 26 mpg at this speed. I love the styling, it is understated, but classic.

Bang for the Buck
By bradstew on 12/31/08 13:56 PM (PST)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I needed a quiet, comfortable car that I take on long trips. I looked at luxury models including Lexus and Mercedes. For about $15K less, the Azera compares favorably. It's smooth and powerful, and most importantly, quiet. Gas mileage is decent--about 21-22 around town and 27 on the highway. Quality is outstanding. And the engine is responsive and powerful.

Just WONDERFUL!!
By racraine1 on 10/09/08 10:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I (like others) went to get a Sonata. I'd researched the vehicle thoroughly and found it to be just what I wanted. I climbed in and thought it fine, but my girlfriend thought it looked a little small. the salesman then took us on a test drive of the Azera and it was love at first drive. The ride, comfort and extras teat come in the Lilmited edition put the car right up against the stiffest competition. I cannot say enough good things about the car.

Love This Vehicle
By Gary on 10/02/08 03:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Great value. I'm not sure why, but I was able to buy this vehicle for about $3,000 below dealer cost. I've never driven a new car off the lot and have the ability to go trade it in for a profit. That aside, what a find. Great power, smooth ride, awesome sound system, sunroof, navigation. My wife drives a BMW X3 and I prefer to drive this vehicle. That pretty much sums it up.

High Quality Car
By Andy on 08/07/08 05:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2008 Hyundai Azera in June of 2008. And so far with about a month and a half of driving the car, I still enjoy the ride and its features. It took me a while to find out all the features it had. The ride is smooth and the comfort is great with leather seats. I really enjoy the LG Navigation system, this way I won't get lost anymore. There were a number of reviews I read before and after buying the car, and overall they speak well of the car, however they point a little about the steering. I find the handling and steering to be fine. I guess the only thing I could complain about is that there are a few squeaks and rattles from the car when going over bumps, which is annoying.

best deal
By matt b on 07/16/08 02:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I spent a lot of time on line researching the purchase of a second car. Hyundai warranty is very persuasive. Had all the intentions of getting a 09 sonata limited with the navigation option. After a very satisfying demo of the sonata, I made the mistake of sitting in a 2008 leftover azera. This car wowed me right away. After some negotiating, I was able to purchase the azera limited, with the ultimate nav. Option for an " out the door " price of $27,500. This made it about $2,500 more than the sonata, and it is very well worth it. It is a beautiful ride, and you really need nothing more.

What a great car!!
By Paul J on 07/10/08 06:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

We went to the Hyundai dealership to look at the Sonata and while it is a great car, was not big enough for our family. We the looked at the Azera and drove it. We found that the car drove and ran excellent. More power than the Sonata, and my 6'1" son can sit behind me in the back seat and still have leg room. The car rides excellent, looks great, and gets decent gas milage, considering it's size and horsepower output. At many thousands of dollars less than the competition, this car sticks out as an EXCELLENT alternative. The warranty doesn't hurt anything either!

Great Rental - might consider buying
By Vacationeer on 07/02/08 13:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

An excellent car. We rented the Azera for a trip around the Northwest. I was initially skeptical about having a Hyundai (even with only 7 miles on it), but that wore off immediately. We could fit 5 suitcases, a full size stroller (folded) in the trunk and two kids in the back seat comfortably. Our round trip was from Portland, around the Olympic Peninsula, to Seattle and back to Portland. Whether cruising on 101 or climbing mountain roads to over 5000 feet, the Azera gave a smooth, comfortable, and powerful ride. MPG was quite reasonable for a full size car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.