2008 Hyundai Azera GLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:
Don't look any further!!!!!
By Bill on 07/23/09 17:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Hyundai, my two others were Sonata's. I loved both of those but after upgrading to the Azera this is by far more bang for the buck than BMW,Lexus or any other high end car this size. I'm getting 28-30 mpg on rural roads at 45-50 mph and 32-36 highway at 70mph.Powerful 3.8 ltr and great mileage to boot! Try and find one coming off lease and save big$$$$$.

WOW What a Car
By Mary & Jim on 07/22/09 13:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Have had Taurus's since 1986. Went to look at a new Sonata and saw this used 08 Azera. We fell in love and a short test drive was all we needed. I've driven BMW's, a Lexus and this is right at the top with them, only less expensive. We can't say enough about the car. Ride is smooth and quiet. XM Radio and stereo system is top notch. Power fold mirrors are the cats meow. Driver 1 and 2 position seting should be on all cars. So many features We are very impressed. If you are looking for a car and a value for your money you should drive one of these and purchase it. Oh, by the way.... The wife hardly lets husband drive it......it's hers.

shoot this car
By hundai azera on 07/21/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I loved this car for the first two months. Since then I have had nothing but problems. So many rattles and clicking noises. I hate this car now. I have had it in the shop so many times I have lost count. I am sick and tired of the dealership telling me the car is fixed and then driving it home, the same noise occurs. I am ready to shoot it and put it and me out of misery.

One Helluva Car
By sgtusmc on 07/11/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I never, never ever thought that I would buy a Hyundai. But, I did. And I am forever so glad. I have owned over 40 cars including Lincoln, Lexus, Buick, Lancia, Karmin Ghia, Oldsmobile, Ford, Volvo, etc.; and by far this 08 Hyundai Azera drives circles around all of them. I traded an 07 Buick Lucerne CXS after only 9 months of shear frustration with all of the problems including a bad vibration whenever the engine was doing 1500 rpms regardless of the speed of the car. And the turning radius was horrendous. And you could not see the instrument in the daytime. And the front seat belts were nonfunctional (would not lock up). And on and on and on. This Azera was an answer to my prayers

Nice car for a nice price
By CarFan on 07/08/09 20:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used from dealer (executive car with only 22K miles) It was extremely well taken care of and looks and drives brand new...still smells new! It now has almost 30K and I'm still pleased with it; plan to keep it a long time. I get lots of compliments and now that I have one I'm starting to notice them on the road more. You can't beat it for the price...however the Genesis is very tempting.

dont buy an azera
By eddie on 06/29/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2008 azera on june 1st of 2009. It was a program car and had 8,400 miles on it. It cost a little less than a camry, and had a better warranty, but that's the only good part. It in no way matches the quality of a toyota camry. I've read these reviews and have decided that they must have been written by hundai dealers. My overall gas mileage is around 18 mpg. I guess that's good if you compare it with a hummer. I took the car on vacation and the throttle sensor went out 22 times before i could get it to a dealership to fix it. The mechanic who fixed it said that he had fixed several of them, and he didn't know why they didn't have a recall on them. I'm very disappointed in the car.

AUTOMOTIVE EXCELLENCE
By SGTUSMC on 06/06/09 18:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Traded an 07 Buick Lucerne CXS in on this Azera about a month ago. I had been researching and test driving earlier versions of it. Traded it in on an 08 Azera Limited with the Ultimate Package. The Azera is a driver's car; it performs and handles excellently. I have added mp3 (wireless) and a lip spoiler, etc. Gangbusters. SemperFi

Best Value
By Doug on 05/17/09 19:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used (rental) with 13,500 miles at more than $8,000 less than a new '09. I looked at all options in the mid-size/full size (new & used) and settled on the Azera when several became available from the rental fleets. Traded a 2005 Maxima. I use for business (sales) and needed something that was safe and comfortable. The Azera wins hands down! I have averaged around 25 mpg (75 highway/ 25 city) and find the freeway drive exceptional. Trunk & rear seat offer plenty of room. Ride in the city is a little sloppy compared to the Maxima.

Purchased Used and Thrilled
By Ozzie on 05/03/09 09:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used with 17,000 miles. avg about 25 MPG in mixed (mostly Hwy). Very comfortable. Great car! We will probably purchase another. We know a lot of tall people

No Better Near-Luxury Car for the Price
By Ledfoot472 on 03/22/09 19:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2006 Sonata GLS 4-cyl for this car. I was also looking at a 2009 Sonata 4-cyl Limited. After driving the Azera, there was no comparison. I got the Azera with 15k on it for $1,000 less than the Sonata Limited would have been; even after $4,500 in rebates. The Azera is a solid car with a quiet ride. Only over certain types of broken pavement could the suspension be a little more supple. The 3.8 liter engine is very quiet and goes almost unheard up until 4,500 rpm. The engine is very strong throughout the powerband. The 5-speed auto is smooth, though shifts could be a bit more swift. The gas mileage averages only 2-3 MPG less than my Sonata 4-cyl.