Used 2008 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Azera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Long-Term Update
By Drew2931

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is a long-term update to my earlier report about 16 months ago when the car had about 20,000 miles. I now have about 60,000 miles on the car and I still love it. No question that this is one of the best cars - definitely the best value - I have ever owned. I have only had only one unusual problem - had a broken tooth on the timing gear, it was replaced under warranty. Otherwise it has been perfectly reliable. As you can tell, I spend a lot of time in a car covering al-ms in technology sales. I often will drive over 3 hours in a stretch and I arrive still feeling good as the car is so comfortable.

Very comfortable to drive. All the amenities to make driving less stressful - comfortable driving position, heated seats, good A/C, great visibility, reasonably quiet, good stable handling, excellent and logical controls; great trunk space, great back seat - easily seats 3 adults.

Then only thing I would really like to see improved is suspension performance: big bumps bottom out the suspension which unsettles the car somewhat, however it does not seem to throw it off line. Minor: Paint - difficult to keep clean. I understand this has been addressed starting in 2009.

I'd look at a Sonata
By 2007SonataLover

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I own a Sonata. Mine went in to the shop for a recall and I got a 2008 Azera with 20k miles on the odo. It rattles like crazy and you hear the back end. The transmission is terrible and doesn't shift right. There is cheap plastic and door handles are plastic. My Sonata is so much nicer and roomier. I don't understand. Was looking forward to driving this car. Like Hyundai, but I would look at a Sonata. Mine has twice the miles and no rattles. Oh, turned the radio up so I couldn't hear the rattles and the Infinity radio is pretty bad too. This one pulls to the right, maybe it's been wrecked since its a loaner car?

POWER! Love the 3.8 Lambda. Wish they had that option for the Sonata. Maybe I should have test drove a V-6 Sonata instead of just testing and buying an I4?

Cheap plastics. New transmission. Get rid of the rattles and cheap fake chrome accents. More room inside. Front seat needs to go back further. Can't see the gauges due to steering wheel position and can't move it to see any better. Radio needs improving too. Keep going Hyundai! Almost there!

Best Car I've ever owned
By EGKG

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Previously owned a Pontiac Bonneville, didn't ever think I would find a car as comfy as my Bonneville, but this car has surpassed it in the Comfort Zone! I test drove 7 different cars before I drove this car, and it was by far the best!! The steering is so precise you feel like it's doing all the work for you! The power side view mirrors the heated seats with lumbar support for the driver and passenger, the adjustable pedals, the auto settings for the mechanical steering wheel for 2 different drivers,the back seat has great leg room, I just can't say enough about how much we are enjoying this car!! This is definitely a Luxury Car!!

Seat comfort i.e, lumbar support, heat, adjustable pedals, power side view mirrors and steering column, very smooth steering, jsut about Everything!

The trunk is difficult to close,needs a better latch/close feature, sometimes I think I had it closed only to find out it wasn't. Interior Noise reduction, side view mirrors seem to hold onto rain making it difficult to see our of them during rainstorms. Better/bigger Arm Rest/storage space

Unhappy Owner
By Mike

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used Aug 09. Had 28k miles on it. It has developed a quite load ticking in the engine. Worse on cold days but can be heard always. Tried twice to get dealer to fix under warranty. They refused. Said until something breaks there's nothing they can do. What good is a warranty if they won't honer it. I actually am starting to hate this car. Its has a noisy, jittery ride. I just have a feeling in another 20k it will be a hunk of junk. I will get rid of it somehow this summer when it warms up and the ticking sound is not a obvious.

decent power.

Very jittery ride.

Very Happy
By Joe in NJ

2008 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an '08 Azera Limited yesterday so this is my initial review. I'm very impressed with the car's ride, overall quality and appearance. I bought it with 16,500 miles. I paid $17K + my 2002 Sonata that was essentially a write off. I'm very happy with the deal I made. $17K for a $30K+ car is awesome. It's comfortable, SAFE and classy. I don't see any reason to pay the premium for other brands. This is my 3rd Hyundai and there probably will be a 4th.

Ride, comfort, power, great stereo, bluetooth, overall value particularly since I bought pre-owned.

None so far