Used 2003 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Over 278,000 miles...
By Stephen Wollman

2003 Honda Pilot SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I are now Piloteers. I bought my first pilot--an'03--in 2013. The guy I bought if from had sent his last kid to college and didn't need the extra car, otherwise I'm sure he would've kept it. It had 245,000 miles on it. Since we've owned it (it's been my wifes primary driver) we've rolled it up to 278,000. Other than standard maintenance, I've put no money into it. It literally still handles like it's brand new. The invinceable V-tech engine is very quiet, and the transmission doesn't slip in the least. As of a week ago, we are now piloteers for life. I gave away my perfectly good Chrysler Pacifica and bought my wife a newer pilot with half the mileage. The '03 is now mine. I will never buy another vehicle. When my oldest gets into high school (in the next two years) I will give him the '03 and buy another. Make no mistake, the honda pilot is the absolute distance you can take your dollar. It is well worth the money.

Soooo good, we named it.
By autosavant

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I brought home my first born from the hospital in my new Honda Pilot. After 200,000 miles in ten reliable years, I must say that it has been a pleasure owning it. "Hans" my daughter named it, the ultimate compliment; rides as smooth as it did when first purchased. It would be nice to buy a new car but just can't let go of it to see how far it'll go! Many say it's a 300K miles automobile.

The smooth ride, low cost of ownership, the power and most of all RELIABLE!!

My wife thinks steering wheel can be a bit hard to maneuver. I disagree. Auto lock feature, the car locks itself after 45 seconds; I have locked my keys inside(not ignition) numerous times. Must have called AAA roadside help 4 times during my 10 year ownership.

This car performed better than our 2003 lexus RX300
By taxpayer41

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife always liked her pilot better than my RX300. Both are 2003. I traded my lexus after 10 years ln 2013 for a Camry Hybrid, as we no longer need 2 SUV's in the family, and she didn't want to give up her Pilot. We have spent little or no additional money on the car and it now has 111,000 miles and going strong. I have to say, this car is a good buy. She still doesn't want to trade it, but we've been looking for new car that has an automatic lift gate for her. Maybe now?

We've had this car for 11 years now. Lots of room. Great turning radius. Decent gas mileage. leather heated seats. Never fails to start and go. Easy to drive with better than most visability. Long lasting. No problems. Bought it at Malkoon Motors. Good place to buy a used car.

None! The Pilot does everything an SUV needs to do and does it well.

Pilot is the best
By roooddy

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather and Navigation System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the car new in Oct of 2002. The tires were replaced at 84K...still have original brakes at 102K. Never so much as an alignment needed. The usual oil changes and a timing belt is all I've done in 11 years. The best car we ever owned!

Mine was a very Reliable Car
By warrenam47

2003 Honda Pilot SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I live in the mountains of NC. The roads are very dangerous here, esp. in the winter. I test drove my Pilot in a snow storm, and bought it for its size and great gas mileage. i Never got stuck in the snow. and i drove this past winter for an hour from boone to beech mountain Everyday. nothing, and i mean nothing ever went wrong in the car. the only things i spent money on were literally break pads and a few oil changes. it was at 125k when i recently hit a deer going 70mph and its now totaled and im now heartbroken. there seems to be something seriously wrong with every SUV i consider to replace my pilot with. i loved luxury cars but now im feeling more sensible... and a grille guard is ness

gas mileage for the size size pockets for everything ability to drive in snow third row seating charger inside center console

towing capabilities cool factor ( outside ) make it more bad @ss