A diamond in the rough...
By Gazoo on
2000 Honda Insight 2dr Hatchback
Of the ten or so vehicles I have owned, this is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Performance is great (keep in mind that it weighs =1800 lbs), it's a blast to drive, phenomenal mileage (I averaged 87 mpg on a 250 mile trip once), etc. I've spent roughly $1100 in gas over 50k miles the 2 years I've had the Insight. I never realized how much attention this car would receive from all walks and places of life. I cannot say enough positive things about this car. I'll keep it until I die.
Favorite Features
The mileage of course, but also the interior design of the vehicle. Seats are great for road trips and are very supportive. Very high-end materials are built into this car (the body is aluminum, for instance). And, no, you don't have to plug it in. ;-)
Suggested Improvements
I am still floored this vehicle does not have cruise control. The stereo system is worse than your flip-digital 1970s Panasonic clock radio. Also, getting this car serviced correctly has been a challenge. My advice would be to make best friends with your service writer.