2011 Honda Element Consumer Review: No other like it

2011 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Review

No other like it
By gvlivingaz on

2011 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Element. I traded in my first after losing my dog. Unfortunately I equated the car with the dog. Later I found out I missed the Element so much I had to have another. Traded in my leased MB ML350 early when I found out the Element was going to be discontinued. The versatility is unmatched. You may not think it, but this is a very comfortable car on a long trip. No back ache like I got from some of my other vehicles. On first two fill-ups got 25 MPG. Take the back seat out and you've got quite a hauler. I also like the fact that you can flip up the back seats to the side if you have to and haul a large payload in an emergency.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage. Head room. Super visibility through the large windows. Flexibility of seat configurations. AWD. Safety - top IIHS pick for small SUV. Amazing reliability of Vtec engine. Some Element owners are over 300,000 miles without problems.

Suggested Improvements

Should have had a little higher ground clearance for off-roading. A more powerful engine but I'll keep it. Honda lost it's way by not improving on this breakthrough SUV through the years. This was the first of it's kind.