2004 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Turned my opinion of it right around.
By stryker91 on 12/08/13 21:46 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I first saw this car, I was repulsed. A front-wheel-drive SUV? What were they thinking? But my wife has one, and I was wrong about it in every way. It's stylish, comfortable, versatile, and has more "giddyup" than one would think.

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU
By guest2011 on 09/05/13 18:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

'04 EX was my first SUV, first Honda. I hated the seat discomfort, the cheap-feeling floors, scratches in interior plastic, exterior plastic, worn bushings, rear differential, some other minor things and annoyances. That's until i bought 2014 CRV LX. I love my Element now!!! I miss it and i want it back!!! My second honda is my last, that's for sure.

I loved this SUV
By mommabllck on 08/20/12 07:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had this SUV for 5yrs, they only thing that I didn't like was the comfort of the seats and that the vehicle rode rough.

2004 Honda Element 225,00.00 miles
By on 05/04/12 15:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Hi I drive 30,000 miles a year in the Boston areaI I have just changed my roaters @ 200,00.00 miles best car ever owned- Up to 100,00 just oil change tires etc nothing major a great work horse-- honda please bring back the element its a great work vehicle

LOVED MY ELEMENT
By humphrey27 on 03/31/12 17:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2004 Honda Element for 6 years and recently traded it in ONLY to get a car that got better gas mileage since we moved to the country and needed a gas miser. It had 78,000 mile on it when I traded it, and I have to say that I just loved that vehicle and I am so sorry I ever traded it. I never had a car with that many miles on it so I was worried that it would start requiring expensive repairs so I traded it and now I am so sorry. I LOVED THAT HONDA and it was perfect in the snow and drove well. It was so dependable and I only replaced brakes and battery and tires in the car the whole time I had it. I cannot say enough good about this vehicle. Should have kept it!! A+ rating

best little car ever
By cj62 on 02/11/12 20:05 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i have had my element for 8 years i have 173,000 miles on it and have had NO major repairs!!! Only normal wear and tear repairs,tires ,battery, starter and misc. It has been the best little car so handy and practical , i haul alot even my grass clippings and leaves, its a work horse !! I will hope to get 300,000 miles out of it ,im gonna try.

I simply love the reliability and low maintenance
By djevanstn on 11/16/11 13:05 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love to drive it It's extremely easy to maintain It has very low cost to maintain Brakes are great It's tow-able (behind an RV) and I've towed it quite a bit with not even the slightest issue I don't think I mentioned reliable - it is! EXTREME head clearance easy to add towing package with lights (simply plug in for trailer lights)

My Element saved my life.
By kariscolley on 09/25/11 06:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm writing this review in respect for Ellie, my Element. The accident wasn't my fault, I was hit by a man that ran a stop sign at a 2 way. I didn't have a sign, so we were both going around 40. My driver's side hit his passenger side. Both air bags were deployed. The whole front left side of Ellie was crushed. The part underneath the wheel that connects it to the dash was cracked in half. I had my little sister in the front seat, 14, im 16. Didnt feel a thing. Neither of us were injured. My Ellie stayed right where we had hit, though it was raining really hard and i turned ridiculoulsy fast when we hit. He was knocked into a neighbor's house. Thank you Ellie, love you and miss you <3

Totaled my Element. I barely felt a thing.
By mudgell on 02/19/11 16:47 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was cruzin around Denver, not paying enough attention and WHAMO! I nailed a solid concrete barrier and totaled the car but I came out without a scratch. The only thing that hurts is that I don't have my Element anymore. I never had one maintenance problem with it while I had it and when I wrecked it, it very well could have saved my life or saved me from getting injured. If you have the money, get one.

Avoid this SUV like the plague!
By buffalogirl on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very reliable driving; always starts even when it's -20. Not too aerodynamic because of boxy shape, so when you're driving in high wind, hard to control & you feel it! Rough riding, only fits 4 people because of cup holders between 2 back bucket seats. Terrible MPG; we only got about 20m., hwy. Drivers side airbag deployed while it was parked; no collision or impact, apparently a common problem in Elements that Honda won't fix! Very costly! Seat also are already splitting at seams on Driver's side. On our 3rd windshield.