2006 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Best for teen
By vern125 on 11/22/11 02:47 AM (PST)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched for months on the best car for my 16 year old. Hands down, this was the best one in regards to safety, quality and even looks. My daughter is short and has a commanding view of the road. We got the EX with black bumpers because she is sure to bump something here and there and with no paint to scuff off it will stay looking nice:-). Not one rattle. My GMC sounds like parts are going to fall off when I hit a pothole, the CRV is rock solid. Yes, it does have more road noise than some others, but not that much. We came down to the Rav4 and this. This was a better choice, although Toyota would have been a very close second. The Honda just "feels" better if you know what I mean.

2006 Honda CR-V
By J. Maschler on 10/12/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned Hondas since 1976. This (2006 CRV) is by far the worst one. It drives like a truck without a suspension. Poor gas mileage (22 mpg) and very noisy. Very restricted leg room.

Honda Milage
By John on 06/22/09 14:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i have owed my 2006 cr-v from new. I use it as a taxi for airport transfers and regularly get 47 mpg from the 2.4 diesel engine. I can recommend this car to all.

My CRV
By paul on 05/31/07 22:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought it new as I wanted a fuel efficient small SUV and I believe Honda makes the best. Believe or not I actually used the hidden picnic table for some work I had to do on a leaf blower. It is extremely quick off the line, handles ok, but will get new sticky wider tires to help that. The sunroof rocks, the cd changer is great, and sound is fine but not as good as the Element. 21-22 mpg in town. On a trip, 26-28.

Had to go with Quality and Reliability
By Lanny on 09/25/06 19:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first SUV happens to be this Honda CRV EX. It is probably one of the best decisions I have ever made. How can anyone ignore the quality and reliability of Honda? I considered other SUVs in its class but none could compare to the crisp driving experience of the Honda. You can "feel" the quality of craftmanship in the Honda engine when driving. I was considering a used Honda CRV but the high resale value made the difference only 1 or 2k and in some cases the used costed more than the new, so I bought NEW. The good gas mileage is another plus. The fold down and tumble back seats is an amazing feature and the picnic table made this the must have family car. Honda 4 life!

2nd CR-V fEX or me
By watson on 09/05/06 22:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

this is my second CR-V; I just traded in my 2003 CR-V EX (with 88,000 miles on it) for a 2006 model, because I loved my first one. this is my 4th Honda. Honda's really made some great addtions since 2003. First, the EX is now available in 2WD; the AWD was nice, but I did not need it, and felt it robbed mileage. Second, it now has 16- inch tires, so the ride is MUCH improved. Third, the stability control is a nice addition, especially the with the braking assist. Fourth, the new side curtain airbags were a great safety touch. I have had the 2006 for 2 weeks, and I love it. It's fun to drive, and peppy. I am looking forward to improved gas mileage. Glad they kept the in-dash CD changer.

love my CR-V
By Maria on 09/03/06 15:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my car about 2 months ago, and I absolutely love my CR-V. I have always had little sporty cars and needed one with a little more space. I researched a lot of vehicles, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. It handles beautifully, and I still have that sporty feel that I love. Considering I do mostly in town driving, it gets good gas milage for its size. I love the sun roof and in-dash 6 CD changer that comes standard with the EX model. I traded my Scion tc in on the CR-V and am very glad I did.

Buy a CRV, 20mpg is a lot better than 13
By Steve Sparks on 05/05/06 19:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I can understand the frustration of people that expected 23mpg. The tag on the car says that is a national average. The small print says 19 to 23. I am getting 20 in the city. The XM Ready thing might be considered mis-leading but that logo is the industry standard for telling people they need to buy a receiver. Over all the CRV is working out great. I added the arm rest, day/night mirror, window tint, rubber matts and other features. All should be part of the base but it would make the CRV cost more. I think overall its a good buy and will hold value when other cars lose value. If you add one thing at the dealer, get the mirror and tinting. It makes for better over all driving experience.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.