2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2012 Civic Sedan EX-L Still running great.
By martin13 on 06/10/14 15:57 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Civic with 9k mile on it. Was concerned because I had no idea what may have happened with the original owner. Did he unload the car because of problems (I don't trust Carfax)? So now the car has 30k and has been very reliable, fun to drive, and very economical. Just came back from road trip to North Carolina - cruise control most of the way at 50-65 mph (I know, very slow, I wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere) gave me 44 mpg. Usually I get 37+ while driving at speeds 70+ mph and no cruise control use. Car had a little rattle coming from the rear that was eliminated under warranty (seat belt mechanism was the source). Otherwise, not a problem whatsoever (knock on wood).

No more Hondas for me!
By ravfjr on 05/30/14 10:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd civic, and will be my last Honda. It appears that Honda has (sadly) taken the road to greed by offering an inferior product for profit. At 500 miles the traction control unit failed, then at 13,000 miles the A/C unit wouldn't work, followed by an emission control failure at 15,000 miles. The car is extremely noisy and uncomfortable to drive. The stereo is one on the worst I've ever heard. I really can't believe this car is a Honda product.

Honda Fan
By watersonclan on 03/03/14 18:11 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my sixth Honda in 30 years. I researched what I wanted very carefully and decided on the smaller fuel efficient Civic for commuting back and forth to work. With gasoline prices continuing to inch up, this is the best model available without having to go to a hybrid. I have put 1,200 miles on my car,so far and am happy to say I am getting an average of 42 mpg on a tank of gas. I am very happy with my purchase and after shopping at every dealership in the Inland Empire, I was glad to finally find a reputable dealership in Pasadena who did not try to play games or sell me something I didn't want.

Great Car
By tedert on 01/07/14 07:55 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2012 Honda Civic for approximately 7 months now and I love it. I get around 27mpg and anywhere from 35-42 on the freeway. Like most people have said, you know what you're buying with a civic. It doesn't have the flash of a Mercedes or the quiet road noise of a Cadillac but this car is definitely worth every dollar. I'm 6'2" 240lbs and the vehicle fits me comfortably. I traded in my 2010 Accord for this vehicle and barely notice the interior size different. Bottom line, I would recommend this car to anyone.

Clean, smooth running car!
By jstbnreal on 01/02/14 20:03 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Natural Gas 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving this natural gas car for over a year now and it has turned out to be one of the best investments ever. I have two CNG stations by my home and my tank fills up with $12 and I get anywhere from 200-240 miles per tank. The only bad thing I have notice and have taken my car back to dealer for was the sputtering when you first start the car in the morning. It did hesitate in the morning sometimes, but the dealer did some adjustments and it's all good now. Overall a great comfortable car with great steering/handling. The navigation and stereo is GREAT!! The carpool stickers in rush hour is the BEST part!!! Love this car.

Despite reviews, still a great car !
By hondafan88 on 12/06/13 08:53 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had my 2012 Civic for 2 years now and have already put 61.950 miles on it with zero problems ! Have only put new tires on it since purchase, well taken care of. This car has taken care of me ! Love to drive it everyday and gas mileage is superb ! My only complaint is the road noise and the glove box sometimes rattles..handles beautifully in the snow and ice and never let's me down. Love the leather bucket seats for comfort, it's a great car for reliability and value. I will buy another one when I reach 500,000 miles with this one ! Driving a Honda Civic is just plain smart and recommend it to anyone over any other compact ! This is my second Civic and never disappointed !

Update
By shannonb36 on 08/29/13 05:37 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my 2012 Civic coupe for 7 months and have loved every minute of it. Have put 12,000 miles on it so far. It gets me everywhere I've asked it to go so far. I do agree with others about the blind spots, but have learned to be aware of them when changing lanes. I also agree about the acceleration. It takes a little while to get up to highway speed, but once it does it cruises very comfortably and sometimes when I look down the speed on the speedometer surprises me and I slow down quick! Still impressed with all of the features offered in an economy priced car. Very happy, very good purchase.

No odometer
By softailguy on 08/27/13 15:48 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2012 Civic LX in July 2012. It now has about 19,000 miles on it. It does well on gas but I think the fuel guage is inaccurate. It supposedly has a 13 gallon tank yet even when I'm on E and the range says 9 miles I am never able to put more than 10 gallons in it. And then today I left work and noticed I had no odometer display, no maintenance minder info, no fuel mpg info or range info. It just disappeared from the menu. So now I have no way of knowing what my mileage is or when to change my oil. This is my first Honda after driving Hyundai Elantras for 15 years. I should have stuck with Hyundai. Better car for less money.

Love 2nd time around
By tikadawn on 07/31/13 13:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently owned a 2006 civic coupe and crashed at no fault of my own, it was totaled, so when I got the insurance check I immediatly told my boyfriend I want another civic. He tried to get me to look at other types of cars, but I had to have my civic and I just love my 2012 automatic w/ navigation. I feel safe and comfortable with the size of the car. I dont feel the road noise as people talk about or the vibrations. My car has a smooth ride and its a step up from the 2006, but to be honest, I liked the look of my 2006, it was more sporty, but thats not neither her or there, its a great car. I get double takes on the 2012 car all the time. I know I made the right decision.

Things I didn't think about FIRST
By schoolsh33 on 07/13/13 10:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had 96 Civic & 98Accord. Bought 2012 Civic 4 door stick shift in May 2011. I've always loved stick for the pickup & gas mileage. Big problems with this car. 1) NO pickup at all. It's embarrassing at a light with even slight incline & people are on your butt & go around u because it takes forever to get up to speed. If AC is on forget it, u have to turn it off until u get to speed. 2) Visibility sucks. There is a thick separator where side mirrors are making window 2 sections creating major blind spots 3) My kids can't have back window down, it causes this vibrating wind sound that hurts your ears. So, things I never thought about have made me unhappy with this car & I'm trading it in

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic in VA is:

$97 per month*