Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Fading!!
By Jessica

2012 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car last year. I've had no problems with the car. The only complaint I have is that my roof is fading and it makes my car look horrible. And now the trunk seems to start to fade.

Great for the Price
By Deanne Lock

2012 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

You get what you pay for. This is a car that is great for someone without kids. Back seating a very tight and the rear view is difficult. It has FABULOUSA gas mileage and steering. It is road noisy.

Hated it!
By Sandy R.

2012 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I owned this Civic for 3 years and hated driving it every day. It was slow to accelerate and there was no great fuel savings. The econo mode made it even more sluggish. The headlights were extremely dim and not well focused. The slanting up windshield and sloping down front made visibility poor. The blind spot in the side mirrors was a significant minus. The cloth seats were wearing thin on the drivers side in just 3 years. The trunk was very small and could not hold much else once I put my mother's small walker in there. It was very difficult for an older person with hip or knee problems to get in and out of. The upholstery was treated by the dealer to prevent stains, however, it did not make it any easier to clean. I owned a 1996 Honda Civic 5 speed and loved it. I was extremely disappointed with this car. I traded it off to a Toyota dealer and I would not say the trade in was very significant. This said, it was a pleasure to be rid of this car.

owned 3 years
By Sfic

2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a base model car, runs great. Had to upgrade tires because traction was poor in snow. Interior is plastic looking. If you are not looking for beauty but want reliability this is your car.

Alternator Issue
By Kiran Mehta

2012 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had to replace the battery because it went dead. When I got replaced the battery at battery + I was told that I need to get Alternator checked out because it not charging the battery the way it should. So I called dealer they wanted $80 to run diagnostic on vehicle instead of spending $80 I went to my mechanic who is working on foreign cars for a while. He checked to see if battery is being charge while car is running and it wasn't, it was showing battery was holding at 12.4 V and it should have been 14 V. He tried various method to see if it charges the battery and finally when he turn the head lights on while car is running battery started charging and showing 14 v. He told me that it is weird and never saw anything like this. He thought probably the alternator was made that way. So I called to confirm with Honda company to see if they have any thing on this issue I was told they don't have information or recall on it. Rep at Honda company was pushing me to take it to dealer and pay $80 for diagnostic.