It's just OK.
By inmassandri on
2009 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I bought my silver LX-S sedan in June '10 with about 8k miles and a clean Carfax for less than $15k, which I thought was a great deal. I was coming out of a very big car (Dodge Magnum) and was considering this Civic model, as well as the Mazda3 hatchback. This is my 9th Honda or Acura product and I was expecting great things. I drive a lot...and 15 months later, this car now has 50k miles. I'm not as happy with it as I thought I'd be...mostly because I should have opted for a slightly larger car (like an Accord, Fusion, or Malibu). The reliability, however, has been perfect.
Favorite Features
I really like the styling of this car...even in a boring color (silver) I think it's far better looking than the new '12 model. I dig the all-black interior of the LX-S model...in fact, it's the only Civic model I considered. In terms of reliability, you really can't ask for more. I literally put gas in the car, then get the oil changed and tires rotated when the car tells me to (approx. every 6k miles). That's it. It's never been back to the dealership.
Suggested Improvements
The road noise is OPPRESSIVE! I cross a newly constructed highway bridge on my commute to work and literally cannot traverse the bridge with the windows open because of the tire noise on whatever type of pavement was used. The 13-gallon fuel tank is too small. Though the mileage is good, I still have to fill up twice a week. In addition, the digital fuel gauge is not accurate...the fuel indicator drop off much faster when the tank is low than when it's 1/2 full or more. Though I like the interior and the black upholstery on the seats, it's difficult to find a comfortable seating position with the manual adjustments. An outside temperature gauge would be really handy, as well.