2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Love it so far and hope to lov

2007 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Review

Love it so far and hope to love it more!
By Juliea201 on

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this in summer '07 as a new replacement for my creaky, marshmallowy '94 Camry. I chose the Civic SI in favor of the Mazda 3 Hatch due to the firmer, sportier suspension, better looking interior, and overall driving fun. I took 2-3 testdrives in the coupe and sedan before buying and on my last drive I told my husband "Get me out of this vehicle before I write them a check right now!" I will add that I've also experience the 3rd gear pop-out and grinding issues; thought it was just me. Have found that 2500 (right at abt 18-21mph) & 4000 rpm are where it likes to hit that gear best but you must be precise. I wonder if this is partially the "hang-throttle" issue.

Love the quick shifting gearbox, the suspension that is firm & sporty but not at all jarring on a daily basis. Overall appearance (Galaxy Grey) is subtle but sleek. The VTEC is waaaay too much fun to play with and bad for the gas mileage!

Computer flash is supposed to be coming out to correct the "hanging throttle" issue I've always disliked (foot off gas, car maintains/increases acceleration?!?). Paint is thin, per my first rock chip (all the way to the primer). Lush interior cloth attracts lint like crazy.