Used 1993 Honda Civic CX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Family Heirloom
By Val J.

1993 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

This was my third of 5 Hondas and is my favorite. It outlasted my 2002 Civic. I drove it for almost 200k before buying the 2002 and handed it over to a friend who needed a loaner... for 2 years, then again for a year, then to my niece and her boyfriend for a few months, and now it is going to be my daughter's car at over 250k miles. It still gets 40mpg with mixed hwy and mountain driving, no engine issues, and two clutches. No rust, no alignment issues. It's fast, smooth, comfortable, and makes a good pickup truck. We will have it until it dies.

Favorite Features

It's a tardis... small on the outside - huge on the inside. With all of the stuff I've carried in it, the upholstery is nearly unblemished. Oh, and of course it requires minimal maintenance.. not even on schedule!

Suggested Improvements

Intermittent wipers would be nice. And, yes, the heater vents will fry your eyeballs if you aren't careful how you point them, but who cares when the defrost works so very, very well.

The World's Best Hatchback
By Tom

1993 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

I received this car from my father after another driver took an early left at an intersection and totaled my 1999 Honda Civic coupe. Needless to say, I adore this car. The interior is minimalistic and easy to use right away. The exterior is genius and I love the shape and design. With this car stock, I can rev this car as much as I want and it eats it up. The transmission is still sound after all these years and shifting is always smooth. It's the perfect size car, and I will always love this car very much. I intend to keep this car for a very long time, which even after 16 years on the road seems like no problem (no mechanical problems ever!). This is one of the best cars you could own!

Favorite Features

Easy accessible rear (I can just throw something from the backseat into the trunk area). I love the fact I have no power-steering and manual windows. Nothing to break and it's more fun to drive! Best feature is being able to fit into parking spaces other cars cannot when two SUVs park incorrectly.

Suggested Improvements

With all Hondas of the EG generation (1992 - 1995), rust in the rear quarter panels is always a problem due to poor ventilation. This has been fixed in the 1999+ year models. All other "improvements" I have done. ;)

great little car
By barry

1993 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

this car is so good on gas, i average 6.5 litres per 100 km, mix of city highway. the interior is very roomy, good head room for 6'2" driver. More rear seat room than most big cars. I put a trailer hitch on it; pulls a single seadoo no problem. little 1.5 liter engine is nice and quiet. The car is quick, goes over 180 km/h. manual tranny is nice, precise shifting, if your not after status, this can't be beat.

Favorite Features

rear hatch back, swing up window and fold down tailgate, great design

Suggested Improvements

I notice that the road noise can be unusually load particularly when driving in the rain. also opt for a rear window wiper.

Bulletproof
By MisterC

1993 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

Car keeps going and going. Fuel economy is not as good over the years but can has never let me down in 7 years. Body can't keep up with engine, will begin to rust especially behing the rear wheels (defect on many Honda models)

Favorite Features

Quickness and light clutch.

Suggested Improvements

Rust behind rear wheels tend to be very common on these cars.

Great car
By mikenyc

1993 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

After owning a 8 cyclinder 2000 grand cherokee in nyc and the gas price are 2.20 a galon. 60 dollars a week in fuel. i had a buy a cheap car that was good on gas. i checked out the web site and read about the civic hatch and heard great things about the car. i had to buy one. i bought a 93 hatch with 118k on it. I must say its a great lil car. i had to install a stero system soon as i got it. so far it runs great and its realible. i love honda.

Favorite Features

92-95 was the best years ever made. compac size. great on gas!

Suggested Improvements

kinda slugish up hill.