2014 Honda Accord 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Exceeds Expectations

2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Touring V-6 Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Exceeds Expectations
By car57 on

2014 Honda Accord Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I just put 600 miles on our new Accord Touring on a road trip through the mountains. We drove up to an altitude of 12,000 ft. The roads were full of hills and curves that would have been perfect for a driving a Porsche or BMW, but we found ourselves more and more impressed with how solid the Accord handled and felt. It had tons of passing power, yet still averaged 35 MPG overall. Consider us impressed. I have had nearly a dozen high-end European cars over the past 25 years and the Accord comes surprisingly close to their level of build quality and features. I'm not sure it's worth spending the extra 20 grand to get the satisfaction of knowing other people envy what you drive.

Favorite Features

Love the LED headlights. The clean, white light gave me more confidence driving on roads that are filled with deer at night. Adaptive cruise was also a nice surprise. Once you understand how it works, you can work with it to reduce fatigue. It slows down and speeds back up quite well. You just have to adjust the distance to allow you to get closer to cars in front of you. Bluetooth works great. I am getting used to the voice commands for navigation and it is able to discern my commands. The seats are quite comfortable for road trips - once you find the right position. But my favorite feature is the V6 engine. It's nice to have so much power without feeling penalized with bad mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Continued improvement encouraged to improve the infotainment system - simplicity wise. But I'm still glad I purchased the navi system. Overall, the Accord Touring has very few faults. It's kind of a stealth car. People think you're smart for not spending 50 grand on a car, yet it's awfully close to being that level of a car. Many of my friends were very surprised I purchased an Accord. If Honda improves the next generation Accord as much as it did the current model over the last generation, chances are high they'll earn my business again. I am hopeful I can give the same glowing report after a full year of ownership. The beginning with the Accord has been flawless.
By lexxy2u
on 10/16/14 17:59 PM (PDT)

Just purchased the 2013 Accord Ex-L V6 and it's my best car buy yet. Am coming from a 2008 accord V6 with nav. The driving experience is so much smoother,quieter, powerful and just plain better! (Which was a surprise) I love the bluetooth system. It's a great improvement over the previous generation. The interior is lovely and the finish near perfect. Also had a 2003 accord and this will be my third accord in a row. If Honda keeps up to their usual tradition of building high quality reliable accords, I see no reason to drive anything else.