Used 2011 Honda Accord EX V-6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Pick
By hondafan32

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Accord is a great car and we have had ours for 3 weeks. It is plenty fast and handles well despite what some magazines say. Yes it is a little big but it drives small. The VCM and grade logic are good features but can get annoying if you don't know how to manipulate them. Ours is white and it stays cool in the heat. The AC is great and so is the sunroof. I wish there was a back-up camera and Bluetooth but they aren't really needed as the visibility is great and you shouldn't be on the phone while driving anyways. The turning radius is FANTASTIC as are the headlights and all of the safety features. Road noise can be intrusive at times but it's not a deal breaker.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Stereo, Seats are fine for me, Engine, Transmission, Gauges, Visibility, Turning Radius, Speed (You will think you're doing 35 and you'll be actually doing 50), Handling, Safety Features

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage , Back-up camera, Bluetooth, Noise, Miles to Empty computer, HID lights, Bigger trunk **Most of these have been taken care of in the 2013 models**

My 3rd Accord
By Buckeye

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the car now since late September and like the styling. Radio is a bit cumbersome to get used to but the sound quality is really good. This is my third Accord ('98, '04 and now the '11) and I am surprised that Honda still has not done a better job with road noise. The Camry is better for keeping the noise down but the Accord handles better.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage on my V-6 has been averaging above 28 - the VCM (3,4 or 6 cylinders) is very smooth (like our Odyssey van) and the MPG is almost as good as the Accord 4 cylinder.

Suggested Improvements

Better road noise abatement would be a good improvement on this terrific car.

Purchased Honda Accord EXL V6 - White
By sbains

2011 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2011 Honda Accord EXL V6 on 10/9/10 from AutoWest Honda. I got a great deal, as I negotiated $26,250 + fees (=$750 destination, $482 DMV fees, $55 doc and 9.25% sales tax). This came to under $30k out-the- door. Car has very good torque (254lb) and 271 horsepower which makes it nice and punchy to get on freeways and for overtaking rubberneckers! I also own a 2005 Honda Odyssey and the 3.5l engine is similar but torqued differently. The road noise is not as bad as the editorial review, you will notice some wind noise and you will not hear the engine.

Favorite Features

Nice lines, Rear lights look great, leather bucket seats have good lumbar support, with two position memory. Voice recognition on Bluetooth. XM Sirius Satellite included along with 6 Disc multiCD changer, also has home garage opener built in. Two AC fan vents in back behind center console. V6 engine

Suggested Improvements

Increase the size of rear view mirror to 11.75". Should have 60/40 split rear seats. Why doesn't rear seats have their own individual AC fan speed control. Should have a full size spare tire (not a doughnut). Dashboard a little cluttered with switches.