2002 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
ALWAYS TRANSMISSION!!!!!!
By yiven421 on 06/11/13 19:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am getting mad about the transmission when it is 86,000 miles. The car viborated a lot when turning from N to D4 or when stopping, the dealer charged me $5400 for a new one and about $3000 for a used one. [non-permissible content removed] I hate Honda!!!!

I am a very satisfied Honda owner
By ryankiel on 08/26/09 03:25 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It was my dream to by a reliable car, although I never thought I could afford a Honda. Well, I had the opportunity to buy my Honda four years ago when it had 25000 miles on it. Now it has 75000 miles on it, and I still have not had any problems. It runs like a top. My goal is to reach 300,000 miles, and it seems very likely that that will happen. I have been very careful to maintain it. Although some Accords have had transmission problems, I hope with mine it will never happen. It seems that with Hondas, usually if they are maintained, they will run for a long time.

Another defective transmission
By Paull on 04/24/09 14:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like many others have a defective transmission with only 91,000 miles. Honda won't fix it. The transmission was slipping for many years but got worse the last 2 months. I went online and was surprised by all the other Accord owners with the same problem, which really surprised me about a Honda car. There were so many complaints that I was not sure why there is not a recall. I thought Honda had great quality, bad this did not happen in my case. By the way, the new transmission will cost me $35,000.

Boring and Faithful
By can't keep awake on 10/19/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new. No problems with anything but brake pads, which it eats like candy. No trans problems because I drain and fill the trans every 15,000 miles. I have 127,000 miles of rush hour freeway driving on it. Unfortunately, this is the most boring car I have ever owned. It has all the personality of a refrigerator. In fact this car is only an appliance.

This car is fabulous!
By kschmitz16 on 09/04/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ok so I move to Montana and did a lot of car reviews and found this Honda Accord that was just the right price. I absolutely love the car it now has 60,000 miles on it and I have not had one problem in this past year. To keep a car in good shape you have to have regular maintenance. For ex. Oil change, tranny fluid flush. Up keep. Hondas are so reliable and I could not be happier with it. People have problems with cars if they don't take care of them. I love my car!

As Good As They Say!
By Honda Guy on 01/15/08 07:48 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Honda (2nd Accord). I haven't had any major problems with this car at all. The drivetrain has been perfect. Only routine maintenance and at 72,000 miles, she still runs like a champ. Oddly enough, the fuel mileage has gotten better with age. The I-4 motor has plenty of power. The ride is still smooth. I can see keeping this car for another 100,000 miles before I even consider selling it for another Honda.

2002 Accord LX
By 2nd Accord on 02/23/07 12:05 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car in 2004 with 30K miles. It is moderately equipped (all pwr, auto, 4cyl.). Three years later, it has only needed gas, oil, some new rubber, and a brake switch. The seats are a touch firm for my taste, but I only drive it on road trips (wife's car). Great gas mileage. Acceptably quick (typical 4cyl sluggishness off the line, but great passing power). This has been a fantastic car for us. Few complaints.

2002 Accord
By JOE on 01/01/07 09:23 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like the car but many squeaks and rattles i had a 1991 accord with 215,000 miles and it was a more solid car what happened honda?This car has 160,000 miles on it

UH-OH TRANNY PROBS :-(
By bonorch1 on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I HAVE HAD THIS CAR 2 1/2 YEARS.ON VACTION IN JULY THE TRANSMISION STARTED SLIPPING AT HWY SPEEDS AND OVER THE COURSE OF A WEEK STARTED TO SLIP WHILE SHIFTING.THE TRANSMISION WAS REPLACED UNDER WARRENTY WITH A REMANUFACTURED TRANSMISION.I WAS TOLD BY THE DEALER I WAS GETTING A NEW TRANS AND THAT HONDA NEVER USES REMANUFACTURED UNITS.WHEN I GOT THE PAPER WORK IT SAID REMANUFACTURED.WHEN I ASKED HIM HE SAID HE NEVER TOLD ME THAT EVEN THOUGH MY WIFE AND SON HERD HIM SAY IT.BUT THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT BECAUSE ITS UNDER WARRENTY.THIS CAR HAS ONLY 18,000 MILES ON IT.ITS BEEN A WEEK WITH THE NEW TRANS SO FAR SO GOOD.

Transmission 2002 LX auto
By Nothappy on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is our first Honda and maybe our last. We have 33k and we are on our third transmission. Carrier Baring proplems were commoon on 2000 and 2001 but I guess we come the lemon from the line. 2nd Honda traney malfunctioned and now we are getting a 3rd. We stopped buying Aerican because of quality issues but now we may by Nissan in the future. I like everything about this car except the quality of the drivetrain.