Used 2002 Honda Accord EX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Grab your ankles kids
By NYRangers35

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Honda, first one was a 1990 automatic and gave it to my friend with 235,000 (original trans). Should have kept it. But the 02 Accord, my first trans went out at 88k, second 130k, and we're getting ready for #3. Will trade before #3 comes. Has 145k. It's a shame, other than routine maintenance (other than a crankshaft seal fix which was no big deal) everything else was OK. SRS light stays on because of fault drivers side seat belt sensor. They are warrantied for life but need a $100 diagnostic fee first. Honda did replace my first trans for nothing, 2nd one I paid $600 total. I know about cars and do change the tranny fluid. I knew I should have got the 5 speed.

Favorite Features

6 Disc in dash changer, not bad gas mileage 23 city, 30 hwy driving under 80.

Suggested Improvements

Honda please get it together with these transmissions, you should be ashamed of the hardship you are putting your loyal customers through.

I want to drive this off a cliff
By RicanZ24

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Where do I begin. At 60k the transmission went out on me. At 80k I have a crack in my engine block so I had to replace it. I had replaced the 6 disc CD changer 3 times now. I hear so much about how reliable Hondas are but this car isn't proving it. I can't wait to get rid of it. This car has done nothing but cost me more and more money out of my pocket. The amount of money I had spent already I could have bought something else. I will never buy Honda again.

Favorite Features

6 disc CD changer, Sun Roof

Suggested Improvements

Have a life time warranty on their transmission and engine.

Minor gripes but overall very good
By Denlikesit

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall awesome car but I do have a few gripes. Some interior pieces are cheaply made (i.e. rear cup holders) and occasionally I get some rattles but nothing too bad. Cup holder up front is a bit crowded if you stick a Big Gulp in there. My SRS light has been on for 6 mo...took it to get looked at...there was apparently no problem but light has decided to stay on. Gas mileage with wide performance tires is still at about 32 on the highway which is nice when gas is $3.40 a gallon. Around town gas mileage has been as bad as about 21- 22. Plenty of get up and go for a 4 cyl. Leather is of very high quality as are most of the other materials in the interior.

Favorite Features

CD changer, Leather, Gas Mileage, Overall Comfort- It's a great highway/commuter car...good mileage but still has enough creature comforts to satisfy.

Suggested Improvements

Well the new Accord coupes look awesome, with even more bold styling. Like I said I only have a few minor gripes which I already listed.

Just What I Wanted
By Mr. DennyDennster

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the car I wanted 3 years ago when I ended up with a Hyundai. I finally got my Accord Coupe. It is everything I ever wanted and more. Love the dark blue metallic paint, as well as the tan leather interior. Some of the interior plastic seems flimsy...but nothing too bad. The ride is remarkably smooth, and the car handles great. Overall I've been getting 26-27mpg, the same as my Hyundai, which was smaller. Wish the headroom and rear visibility was a little better, but hey, it's a coupe, and those are some trade-offs for having a coupe.

Favorite Features

Where to begin??? Leather, Dark Blue Paint, Sunroof, CD Changer. Rear seat and trunk are shocking spacious for it being a coupe.

Suggested Improvements

Only the headroom and rearward visibility, but as stated it is a coupe and those are trade-offs. If those are important to you, then perhaps consider an Accord sedan.

My Honda
By Jenny

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I think the honda looks good on the inside and out but I believe it is made very cheap. My car makes strange noises and my dealership tells me they can't fix it. I probably would not buy a honda again even though they are reliable.

Suggested Improvements

I would improve the acceleration and handling.