2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
honda ex v6 sedan 3.0
By joe pa on 04/21/10 07:15 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in August 2004. It had 30,000 miles. Since owned it has been a great vehicle. Very comfortable on long trips. Very roomy inside. Nice big trunk for grocery shopping. Overall couldn't be happier to own such a strong and dependable car. Get one and you will be very pleased on how well this vehicle drives. It now has 146,000 and never any problems.

Honda Suspect
By chris on 03/07/09 09:51 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We've had lots of problems with our 2001 Honda. For starters the paint started peeling and the dealer and Honda refused to back it. Had to essentially repaint the car in 3 spots. Over the years other things went- gas gauge, transmission, now the interior lights go on and off when going over bumps. Any work done at the dealer was double the costs as elsewhere. The ride is fine in town, but on the highway is poor and very light - can feel the car moving on windy days. Very surprised that Honda gets such good ratings when this ranks as our lowest quality car- including other GM vehicles.

Study, reliable car
By MJ Gehant CPA on 05/09/07 11:57 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a sturdy, reliable car. Handles well and very zippy. It makes up in reliability and durability what it lacks in excitement. No mechanical or body problems, decent mileage (though I expected better than 28 mpg but my lead foot may have something to do with that). I fully expect it will go another 300,000 miles or so, although another driver will get that experience since I'll be trading it off soon. No fault of the car - it's just time for me to move on to something else. My overall experience with this car has been great - nothing bad to say.

Great Honda Except The Transmission
By Love My Honda on 10/01/06 10:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased Accord LX 4dr V6 brand new back in Nov '00 as a '01 model. The v6 engine is so smooth you won't even notice unless you press the gas pedal hard to the floor, then the muffler resonates. Available supercharger upgrades by Comptech makes the car even more fun. I am putting a lil' over 75,000 Mi by now (Sept '06). Thus far no problem with the car except the transmission kinda hunting when I press the pedal hard to the floor.I am planning to keep the car for another 5 yrs since I love it plus all the memories I've had with the car so I will add comptech supercharger to upgrade the power. Probably gotta check the transmission too. Maybe need an overhaul. I am getting 21-24mpg combined.

I expected better from Honda
By lucy jo on 12/03/04 23:55 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It has been fine, until I made my last payment, I have had to have the motor mounts replaced (over $500!). Now some console lights go on and off and my fuel light doesn't work anymore and the dealer said they would have to pull everything apart and charge me to find out why it doesn't work.

Keeps gettting better
By First import on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the vehicle new, have had no problems to date, Honda sent out 100,000 mile transmission warranties for problems the auto had to all buyers. I have yet had any problems with the trans. I did have to replace the coolant sooner that maint. req. The dealer recommends 30,000 intervals. Gas mileage is consistent, with the right oil. 5W-20 is recommended. I am getting 20 mpg in town, 29 hwy at 75mph. Have been very impressed with this vehicle, it just keeps getting better. Only draw back is poor paint quality on the hood and front bumper.

Review of LX-V6
By long-time Honda fan on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced my 94 EX with a 01 LX-V6 as I wanted 4 wheel disc brakes without AL wheels (my 94 lost air). Basically a very good car. I have no fault with its performance or transmission. I get a consistent 20 MPG around town and about the same on the highway as my 94 4 cylinder (29-31). Only problem has been a few dash squeaks (not typical for Honda). I find it a bit less of a "sporty" ride that earlier models but it is heavy and bigger.

Accord Sedan LX-V6
By ISU on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have own this Accord for almost 3 years. Nothing went wrong only regular oil change. Just like other Accords with strong build quality and reliability (I owned 94 Accord). In my opinion, this generation V6 accord has unresponsive transmission. This may be the trade off to its mpg. However, it still make 1 of the fastest acceleration in 3.0L V6 engine class. What can I say ?